IG Rough Riders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IG Rough Riders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG Rough Riders

These would give me the puch I need in the fast attack department of my IG Army without forcing me to take allied troops from SM which I am really trying to avoid because I want to play a pure IG army. I hate the current models and I am not thrilled about the xeno mounts either. I read an article on the UK GW website about a conversion to motorcycles but it was just too pricey. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Suggestions about what exactly? You are not stating what you want them to look like... Do you want them to look like motorcycles? Do you want them to be on horses but not like the ones GW sells? And finally, which regiment are you playing with...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I agree on the existing models, they are a bit oldschool, but I really like the Krieg riders. There are pictures of them on the gallery. I think it's a dane who made those and they are just great. They should not be all to complicated top make either and if you got torsos and heads for Guards a box of Brettonian knights should be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hehe... Yeah.. I made those Death Riders... :tongue: If you need any advice just ask...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

They are so good, fantabulous!
    What are they made from , is it Bret. steeds and what have you done to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Yes I used Brettonian horses and made their cyber-masks from Green Stuff... The Riders were made using the Steel Legion sergeant minis which I sawed in half and put on Rough Rider legs. I bent the left arm inward to give them the 'holding the reigns' feel and added a Rough Rider hunting lance arm. The Sergeant was made the same way except I used the Steel Legion lieutenant mini and did some stuff to him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    Hehe... Yeah.. I made those Death Riders... :tongue: If you need any advice just ask...

where is there a pic? i remember th ook mentioning what they looked like and it sounds like you've made some good ones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

There's pics of all my Death Korps minis here: http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...s&searchid=720

Enjoy...

You can always leave some comments for the pics... I'd love some feedback...

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morf
    These would give me the puch I need in the fast attack department of my IG Army without forcing me to take allied troops from SM which I am really trying to avoid because I want to play a pure IG army. I hate the current models and I am not thrilled about the xeno mounts either. I read an article on the UK GW website about a conversion to motorcycles but it was just too pricey. Any suggestions?
    Just because they're rough riders doesn't mean you have to mount them on anything specific... take a waltz through Toys'r'us if you're looking for inspiration. Try mounting them on all sorts of wierd stuff. I'm currently working on a way to mount RR on BMX's (fluffwise they're a dirt poor 'script regiment). But I was considering buying toy monsters, and just gluing a rr or even just a soldier onto it. Hell, for a while I had a few rough riders that consisted of Catachans glued standing on the back of a plastic toy tiger... only I painted it wierd and called it a xeno-mount. They're rough RIDERS, anything they could be logically riding, try it! Hell, you could probably mount them in a chariot, a moped, roller skates with a jetpack on their back, skateboards, dirt bikes, a T-rex, a tech servitor or all 4's (lol, maybe even with a cushion and an arm rest) a camel, a Carthaginian War Elephant, a demonic entity, a cloud of holiness, a necron destroyer body, or a freakin' shopping cart if you so choose (heh... gonna have to try that, that'll look sweet). There's sooo many options, just try and decide what looks cool to you and model accordingly.

and, maybe if you have a personal "most hated race", you could have your rough riders riding some of their stuff... make some rr sitting on a genestealer if you hate 'nids, or maybe riding a chariot pulled by a dozen ragged looking orks, lol or maybe somebody riding piggyback on what's obviously a damaged, enslaved Tau Crisis suit. the possibilities abound
    Last edited by Ubernyaw; November 4th, 2005 at 00:26.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morf
    I read an article on the UK GW website about a conversion to motorcycles but it was just too pricey.
    Those can be made a LOT cheaper. The price includes and entire space marine bike squad for the handlebars (use plastic rod or tube), it uses missile launcher missiles as forks (again with the rod...) a pintle mount for the back "fork" (hmm, what can we use here?) etc!
    Just buy the DE jetbikes for the central part and make everythung else from scratch or using components you already have.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast