Painting HE's? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Painting HE's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting HE's?

well, i know it aint 40k but its still painting.
    Anywho..........

recently ive started a small HE army which seems to be going along alright
    but ive got no idea about how i should paint them, the colour shemce in the army book looks great but that would invole a $hit load of highlighting and stuff for all those white robes.

ive also being thinking about a DA green based colour shemce with boltgun metal and black, but that would probably look abit too DEish

does anyone know of a good lookign shemce whitch isnt too difficult (ive noticed there are alot more models to paint in FB and most of them are smaller then 40k ones) or possibly any step by step guides?

any tips would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White with green trim (build up from dark angels green into a yellowish-green at the edges) looks sweet on high elves. I would also like to see how they would look in a white/red scheme. Hmmm...I have a swordmaster laying around here somewhere...I might just paint it. I'll post pics if I do. My suggestion is to paint a couple of metal models as tests for every color scheme you think would look cool. Pick the one you like best and throw the rest in some acetone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my scheme is the opposite of the book, white and blue, blue robes, white trimmings, looks great, ill post a pic soon ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the blue (regal blue, enchanted blue, lightning blue) white (codex grey, fortress grey, skull white) scheme for troops . I use a red (scab red, red gore, blood red) and robe colour (bubonic brown, bleached bone, skull white) for characters. With my troops I use a blue metal scheme (regal blue/mithril silver mix, blue ink wash, mithril silver) and for characters a red one (scab red/mithril silver mix, a few red ink washes so it doesn't look pink, mithril silver). I use the blue scheme on character weapons and a normal silver scheme for troops weapons (boltgun metal, black ink wash, boltgun silver, chainmail, mithril silver). Check out my site for my characters.
    Link

Closed Thread