Base-ic needs. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Base-ic needs.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Base-ic needs.

Does anyone have any good, basic ideas for making good,basic bases? They're for a Tau army and I'm thinking gravel with a little flora here and there. Just basically trying to keep it simple, with maybe a plasma pwned Gaurdsmen at the base of my HQ. This is only my second army ever and any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks folks.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

I tend to keep it fairly simple. I use a pencil to draw out the grass shape on each base with each one being a different shape i paint the shape goblin green and whilst the green is still wet run it through the flock.

I then paint (slightly watered down) pva on the non covered section of the base and then dip it in a grit sand mix. Wait for it to dry then give it a second coat of pva.

This is then base coated in dark flesh then i work my way up drybrushing using different browns in different combos on different models.

the static grass is then added to the grass section (and to bits of the stoned section) by adding more goblin green then dipping it in static grass.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

+ Reply to Thread