Half Tracks For Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week I started reading "Sabbat Martyr" the newest instalment in the Gaunt's Ghosts series and I observed something that seems little discussed, the lesser vehicles of the IG. In previous books by Dan Abnett he always mentions hordes of odd tanks and half tracks getting pulped by other tanks. Finally after studying the VDR and looking at previous conversion attempts I have built 1 half track and am converting another. The existing half track was built by taking a 1:35 scale "Italerie" WWII Sdkfz 5/10 half track, cutting it down about 2.5 cm and adding panneling over the sides and hood, since IG vehicles have seldom exposed track-wheels, and the hood looked far to 1930's. The cannon can be replaced with an auto cannon, lascannon or twin linked heavy bolter. The conversion underway will be an open-topped rhino with the front cut down and replaced with a crew compartment and wheels, once again the same weapons apply, although I thought of making one more transport oriented than light firepower, What may you ask is the use of a half track? The current sentinals are far to prone to destruction as they are walkers and immobalizing them blows them up, their only real advantage is their scouting ability and mobile firepower. The next major issue is cost I have rounded the cost to around 75 point plus the weapon(10-25pts) this means you have Armour Front 11 Sides 11 Rear10 open topped, plus weapon and possibly a veh. upgrade such as storm bolter, track gaurds or whatever. Cheap, disposable... IG. Not to mention the Anti-aircraft value of having that option installed. I will create a link when I can dig up a digi-camera or something.

*Fart* "Keep talking sir, we'll find you!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your idea sounds great, and it proparbly will work great too when considering the vehicle rules that are coming.
    It was going to be open topped right?

Altogether the idea is very good as it shows that the IG aren't some stereotype factory produced standard army with no variation.

Continue with you idea, and when you are done, please post a pic.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The German transport vehicle model form WWII cam easliy be converted into a chimera. I saw an IG army last weekend, that was based on the WWII German Army. I was COOL

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What IG models did he use then?
    The Steel legion?

ANyway the idea of a diferent look to the IG is just really great, it gives a realy "eyecandy". Something great and unnormal to look at.
    By the way you haven't considered to make your entire army based on real life tank kits?
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds very cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see the SM Half Tracks in the gallery? He even give instructions on his website. Only problem is, I need no half tracks.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He used the Steel legion and use heavy greenstuff work to make it look great.
    the guardsmen had lasguns made like MP-40s. heavy bolters looking like the machineguns. the lemans were panzers The guy just flipped with he his finger. he now just shows his army, he does not play with it unless he gets payed for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn&#39;t it be easier and quicker to convert some Imperial Guard Basilisks by leaving off the earthshaker? You could even then use the earthshaker in some wicked fort terrain... Just a thought....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 man or 1 man frontal compartments
    post the stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I really like the idea of an IG halftrack. It seems to me like it would fit in with the fluff very well.

What I really wish is that GW would make the VD&#39;s official. This meaning that if you construct a vehicle using them, then you can use it without permission, unless of course, if it&#39;s a super heavy vehicle. IMO, if you pay the points for it and the points are fair, then the vehicle should be fair.

Closed Thread