Pezzed off at primer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pezzed off at primer

I was just outside priming my brothers metal IG HQ, with GW's brand of primer. After removing them from the newspaper, I replaced them with some guardsmen. After trying to spray, it spattered, and stopped coming out altogether. I told my bro to get my modleling knife, and read on the back of the can. It first said not to put sharp objects into the can (which i almost did). It said to turn the nozzel around. I did. No results. After playing around with the nozzel, all I got was primer on my fingertips. Yes, I trun it upside-down and spray to clean it like it says on the back. I am totally p*ssed off. How do I fix this problem? All and any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Sometimes primer will build up on the nozzle and could cause the problems you are describing. If you see paint buildup on the nozzle simply scratch it away with your fingernail. This should fix your problem.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda tried, but i'm not sure if it worked. I'll try that again tomorrow when its light out.

More ideas are wanted and still welcome.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

gamesondemand

well that is pretty much the only thing you can do besides twisting the nozzle. are you sure you have more primer left? you might have run out of primer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there's more primer. What does it mean "replace nozzle with gentle twisting?" That doesnt make sense. After I twisted it the first time, some came out really well, and then stopped.

Should I complain to GW? Frankly, this is bull****.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Well the instructions on the side of every can of spray paint primer I've ever purchased say to clean the nozzle like this after every use:

"clean valva by holding can upside down and spraying until only clear gas comes out"

That's exactly what I do after every use and I've never had a nozzle clog up on me.

She give me money, when I'm in need,
    H0urg1ass

EDIT" It's my 1996th post! 1996 was the best year of my life. Nothing like being a senior in High School. If only I could go back in time while knowing what I know now.
    Last edited by H0urg1ass; November 11th, 2005 at 03:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also most of the cans I've seen, you just take off the top and there should be a little notch in the neck of the can, stick a knife in there and replace the nozzle. Not sure if I described it very well, but anyway that's how it was. It worked, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best tip would be the one where you pull of the nozzle and soak it in hot water for a while, then try the upside-down can trick again.

Or just don't use GW primer all together. Works for me.
    Turbo Charger +25 pts. Assault 3
    Notes: XV8's equipped with turbocharger may move 24" during the movemt phase and are totally able to delete any stupid Space Wolves they come across, because they looked at me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

If it isn't a paint clog you could also be suffering from not having enough aerosol/propellent in the can.

I wouldn't stay away from GW primer because of one can. If anything - if it is relatively new you could always take it back to the store and I am sure they would work with you to replace it. Defects definitely happen and could very well happen with any brand. There are definitely a lot of different brands of primer out there but GW isn't the worst by far. I have tried all kinds and still use GW most of the time.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

OK the turn upside down trick is like this, if you use spray paint, inevitably some sticks to the sides of the nozzel if it drys like this, it will build up and eventuially clog the nozzel. So after use, turn the can upside down (this will make the tube inside the can only draw from the very top of the can, i.e. the propellant, not the pigment) and spary until no colour is comming out (ie the porpoellent has reoved al lthe paint fro mthe sides of the nozel.

This will only work whilst the paint is still wet- i.e. do this as soon as you finished spray painting.

Be carefull removing nozels, if you do not put it back on correctly, you allow for a pocket to exist which will trap paint, and in turn dry and clog the can

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast