Painting Chaos Help Me! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok first off, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but since it is to do with chaos colour schemes I thought it should go here.

Could someone give some ideas of what colours to use for a very dark coloured army? I would really like them as dark as possible. All of my models have been undercoated in black spray primer.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are u going to paint as the exiting legions avaliable E.G black legion, iron warriors or are u going to make up ypur own colour scheme and army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After undercoating in black, basecoat in chaos Black. Once you have both coats down, most colors should come through darker.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was going to make up a new legion (Shadow legion) so i thought maybe small amounts of dark red detail or a very dark blue colour scheme. O and I tried painting blood red onto the undecoat. This just turned out strange as wen i painted i could still see black under the red. im thinking black is the wrong primer for blood red?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the best thing to do for chaos is to undercoat with chaos black primer. Then dry brush your desired colors on. Make sure most the paint is wiped off your brush or it will get to bright. Some of my examples are in the gallery if you wish to see them.

Also here's an example of just drybrushing bloodred over black on my defiler. Then I added some flames. This works well with any colors really. I did the same thing for my nightlords but using ultramarines blue. I used bright colors to drybrush otherwise it looks to dark in my opinion. The plus side is that it makes painting a quick process since you basically just drybrush the whole model then pick out the details. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about very dark purple and black armour with TIn Bitz or boltgun metal on the metal trim.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like the idea of a very small amount of bloodred. I think i did that before by accident and it looked pretty good. So I think ill just drybrush on the bloodred on shoulders, legs etc then (if i need to) pick out black detail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest taking one of your sprues..... you know the little things that the plastic models come attatched to. Spray it black then drybrush various colors on it until you find the color that you are looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey good idea ( i know what a sprue is btw)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey you never know........ I also try to give advise for anyone who reads my post. So even though you knew it.... it may help some newbie who happens to come across it......... hehe...... good luck..... and post some pics when your done.... I love seeing what other people are doing....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast