Lost and the Damned Traitor Guard Ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost and the Damned Traitor Guard Ideas?

I have been toying with the idea of starting a Lost and the Damned army. After reading through a few posts there seems to be some people playing them and I was wondering if you had any ideas on how i could build mine. I wanted to go traitor guard heavy with some room for chaos marines. Generally, I was going to steer clear of mutants, however if you have reason that I should rethink this then by all means reply. I wanted a rag-tag look so I had the idea to just mix several IG companies together. Does anyone have any other ideas for making a sort of 'militia' Traitor Guard? Or have pictures of how they did yours? Maybe even other miniature ranges that could be used?

Bastille
    Commander of: Tau Empire, Lost and the Damned, Imperial Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would think the chaos maruders used with cadians could make a nice chaosey looking force.thought i have done it my self...
    "My troops can eat their belts. But my tanks gotta have gas."
    General George S. Patton
    my armies
    "They have a gun called the death arc!They are now my favorite 40k race!"me quoting about the xenarch
    The home page of my army
    http://www.bridesburg.net/anthonain_army/index.htm

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

Yes, Chaos maruaders mixed with Cadians or Catachans makes a pretty neat-looking Traitor force.

As for mutants...you could always just make uber-buff catachans with marauder CC weapons and bits and say they are traitors...and use the mutant stats for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Marauder mixed with Guard would look great. Cadians, I'm thinking.
    The helmets may look a bit out of place though, if you use the Maruader heads.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

How about several different Guard sprues mixed well with Empire militia parts and hairy heads? LOADS of room for two or three hundred individual models and a real painting headache!
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

well, if you're going for a pure traitor guard army, you could might as well just use the IG codex as the basis of your army, and just convert your models to be evil and have evil fluff. GW even has a pic on the IG portion of their website under unorthodox regiments, one of which shown was the Traitor Legion known as The Blood Pact. i thought those models looked fairly nice (was wondering what they used for the head swap).

for example, i use the IG codex to make my human army; they're not necessarily working for the Imperium, as i have them as a renegade faction carving out their own interstellar realm under their own rule, with their military forces known as The Vagrant Response. gives me good enough reason to fight all the space marine players back home and relish in their defeat.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Camel-ooh, very shiny indeed. Very blood-soaked and dark.

After my suggestion of Guard with Empire bits, I'm tempted again...
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

+ Reply to Thread