Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
And I return to working on an army, I thought I should do something with these things building up. And so Night Goblins.
The robes were first, with a basecoat of chaos black and midnight blue followed by a mix with more blue in. I then started to add Regal Blue to lighten it up, the highlights are Regal and Enchanted blue mix. Now, those who know my stuff will note how I usually go for muted highlights out of preferance but on some advice I'm giving the unit their highlights a stage or two further on than I usually do. Just to see.
Next up the flesh. I've always seen Night Goblins with extremely pale skin as they don't get enough sunlight and this is why they seemingly 'glow in the dark' here. It was done with a snot green base followed by snot mixed with goblin green and then goblin green. The highlights are done by adding different colours - kinda testing; (this is what I love about the Greenskin army, nothing has to be the same - as long as it looks alike then great; hence myself testing different flesh tones) the colours were Sunburst Yellow, Bleached Bone and Skull white. An odd combination was made of the three to get the kinda plae green look.
Teeth and claws were done in bleached bone, inked with brown ink and then once more highlighted in bleached bone. Those with gums showing had then first done in dwarf flesh and then inked with brown followed by a highlight of dwarf flesh/blood red. Finally the eyed were done blood red and the skin tidied.
Thoughts and comments?
Nice, i like the fact that you did there cloaks blue and not black highlighted with codex grey.
To do the bidding of the god of decay death and corruption is to be rid of all things that makes you weak only in return for the control of your soul!
I tried an effect similar to that on the robes on my inquisitor lord model a while ago. I messed it up :tongue:
My one qualm however, is that the symbols on their hoods look like they should really be either highlighted or darkened, to make them stand out a bit more.
But your models are as well painted as ever! Good stuff!
Apathy is its own reward...
I will say it for Kuffy.
They are not finished! M_o
The skin is sweeeeeeeet Kuffy, best thing I have seen you paint ever! Any fanatics on the way?
hehe CC is correct, this is just the first pic of them - more to come yet. Thank you for the compliments and no fanatics as of yet but I full intend to have some - sorry... lots.
Good dwarf.........nothing like plently of fanatics! I don't even play WFB but I love em......
There's a small tribes of pygmies in the Amazon barely touched by civilisation that love Fanatics. And Squigs of course.
Excellent KU, well up to your usual standard, I like these best out of your orky stuff
Everything you have been told is a lie!
I love 'em. Great work!
i want to see them when they are finished
There is the finished front rank, minus shields and banner - they'll be done afterwards. You know.. I like them, alot.
Right, the 'emblems' on the hood tops were done with scab red, red gore and then blood red before mixing in blazing orange for highglights. The leather wristbands, strips around the spear tops and the poutch were done with a base coat of beastial brown. Mixing in snakebite leather did for a few more layers before I added in bubonic brown as a highlight. A small amount of bleached bone was added as the extra step further and finally they were all glazed with brown ink.
The metals were done with a base of boltgun metal and chaos black, codex grey was added to that as the next layer. Black ink was wshed on before boltgun and codex was applied as a highlight, chainmail was added as a highlight. They were then washed with black and brown inks to try and dirty them a bit, does not look too bad from my end. The gong of the musician was done with brazen brass then mixed in beaten copper (OOP paint) before a final layer of copper and washed with brown ink. The bad moon top was done with a base of beastial brown, then mixing in golden yellow for a few more layer I began to move towards the yellows. Leaving the brown as shading I then applied golden yellow, mixed with sunburst a few times. The highlights were sunburst, badmoon yellow and then adding skull white to the mix.
The bases were done the same as the orcs, scorched brown then drybrushed by codex, fortress and finally some dark green static grass was added.