Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Emperor's Children

919 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Lazarus Valghyran 
#1 ·
Right, first few minis almost complete, I'm just waiting for the metals which I Mail-ordered separately (as it cost less to buy the CSM box and MO the metals and extra sprue than to buy the EC box and the rest of the stuff, I'd need a load of bits such as another Accessory sprue.

So, first model nearly assembled is my first Aspiring Champion, a simple conversion involving the trimming of his horns.

Note that his left shoulder pad is missing- I'm going to be using the metal EC ones.

#2 ·
Looks really nice! Just get a bunch more and it'll be a conversion army worth looking at! Are you going to add any tanks? I've heard a lot of Jibba-Jabba about getting some amp bitz and putting small speakers in them.

#3 ·
The bitz came today!!!

I've now got the aforementioned Aspiring Champion (now with shoulder pad), and a full 6-man squad.

And yes, I will have a Predator (Blastmaster and twin Lascannon) but I'm using the basic Dirge Caster bits for the warp amp. The Rhinos are using the FW doors, and the Dreadnought will be the FW Dreadnought. No actual sound from them though.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Lazarus Valghyran@Nov 21 2003, 17:09
No actual sound from them though.
Awww, man! Oh well. Maybe the next guy...
They're looking good, clean conversions, can't wait for them to be primed and painted.

#6 ·
I love them! But just one option.
I always envisioned that EC would be a brighter pink then that. Just a suggestion, though.

#9 ·
I have to agree with everyone else here...
Very nice models!

Although as mentioned before I would say that EC would use a little more brighter pink colour.
I'm not saying that the one you posted looks bad, he really looks great, it's just that I thought they were gonna be brighter.
I saw one guys army once, he had simply painted the pink parts with tentacle pink, then thinned out the pink with some white and then hightlighted the pink areas with this, with the absolute outer parts almost looking white.
After that he painted a maybe 1mm - 0.5mm wide red line on the absolute lowest parts of the model.
Sorry I don't have pic, but I'll see if I can get one next time I play against him...

#10 ·
I've been thinking about emperor's children for a while now I even painted one up.

at was obviously a noise marine but instead of the standard amplifier thingies (don't remember what they're called ... doom sire?) I used 2 of the new daemonettes, painted them bronze'ish and green stuffed them to the shoulderpads.

looked effective if I can find the guy I'll make a picture

#11 ·
Originally posted by Dragonslayero@Nov 25 2003, 23:57
Although as mentioned before I would say that EC would use a little more brighter pink colour.
I'm not saying that the one you posted looks bad, he really looks great, it's just that I thought they were gonna be brighter.
I saw one guys army once, he had simply painted the pink parts with tentacle pink, then thinned out the pink with some white and then hightlighted the pink areas with this, with the absolute outer parts almost looking white.
After that he painted a maybe 1mm - 0.5mm wide red line on the absolute lowest parts of the model.
Sorry I don't have pic, but I'll see if I can get one next time I play against him...
As I stated, the Grand Company maintains the pre-heresy colours. Specifically, Magenta and gold.

They're not getting any lighter.

Next up will be a Blastmaster marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.