The Savage Horde - An Army-Building Blog - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Jacksonville, FL
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

The Savage Horde - An Army-Building Blog

Here's the premise. I need to get a 2000-point Orc and Goblin army done by January 28, 2006 for a Rogue Trader Tournament. Some of the pieces have paint, some are primed, many are not. It'll be a race to the finish to get the army done.

The Savage Horde - the title of this army as well as the blog - is a "blog" that will follow the assembly and painting of this army as I try to get it done before the deadline. It's a combination race against time and challenge to see if I can get a quality paint job on the army. Along the way, I'll also post some of my techniques, which may be of use to some budding Orc players.

You can find this blog at: The Savage Horde - An Army-Building Blog

Kaptin Gavrin

Kaptin Gavrin's Web Site

Imperial Literature's Most Popular Author!

2. Remove Advertisements

Long Beach, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

That sounds like a pretty adventurous project for such a short time! I wish you luck!

Here are some suggestions that might ease your paint:

I would make sure you plan your colors out in advance. It might be worth finishing up a model or 2 and write down the color formulas to save you time.

Use thin paints and a larger brush (even a tank sized brush) for base coats and any inking. This will save you a lot of time. Save your time for doing the highlights and details. An even quicker route would be to buy a spray can of your base color if available. This will really cut down time. I wouldn't be to worried about over painting other areas of the model. If you keep your paints thin enough those parts are easy enough to clean up later without loss of details.

Definitely paint up as many as you can using an assembly line style. I usually limit it to 10 models at a time but if you are feeling up to it go for as many as you can.

Usually if you can - I recommend pre-basing the figure and having it primed so that you can paint the whole thing in 1 go - rather than having to go back and do the bases.

By "cutting corners" where you can without hurting the quality you should be fine in meeting your goal. I think the key to painting up such a large amount of figures is in the preparation.

Again - good luck!

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread