breakthrough in painting white. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

breakthrough in painting white.

Hi there.
    yesterday I was experimenting with painting white and used different colours as a base coat. When I used enchanted blue as a base coat the result of the white layer was drasticly improved. I needed alot less coats of white and the white looked more natural.

What do you think was this bad luck or something even Ā“eavy metal didnĀ“t see when they tried painting white.

DonĀ“t mess with the dicegod

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you found a nice way of doing white that you think turns out ok, There is an alternative you might want to try.

Many years ago i was taught by an amazing painter, his stuff was years ahead of even the games workshop models in WD, his style wasnt to everyones liking because it was slanted more toward a cartoony look than a precise realistic outcome never the less his miniatures were very well known, the way he taught me to do white was...

First to undercoat white..

Then to cover the model with a dark brown ink.. to get the best outcome you need to make sure the entire model is well covered, 2 or 3 ink washes should be fine.

Once this is done you apply the white in (for want of a better word) blobs, and spread it around the area you are painting, it took me many years to master this technique and i have to say the results were like looking at space marines with ceramic armor.

I hope this helps.. even if you cant manage the blobbing technique try using brown as an alternative white undercolor..

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

WOW, I don't bull**** you but I just had a brain storm on that idea 2 days ago for my 'Nids. I am going to ink wash mine black completely and reapply white (drybrush primary) to certain areas. Thought it was cool when I was thinking about it. what do u guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Basecoating blue for white is not new mate, it is commonly used for high elves by the heavy metal team, if you search the forum you will find it has many refereces to it, generrally it works if you want a 'clean white'
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread