I have some questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

I have some questions

Well I just came up with a colour-scheme for my dark eldar but their are two things that I want to apply to their armour to make them look cool.

1. Whats the best way in order to paint lightning streaks on my dark eldar? I don't really have a perfect steady hand.

2. This one might be tricky but I seen it done before. It's white color on the black armour but the white is slightly transparent (you can see black underneath it). I seen the tau had something that can give you an idea. It's the "mistly" dark yellow" on the yellow of the hammerhead. I seen a pic of it on the back of the tau codex but never bothered to look it up.

3.Would these two look any good on black armour with a codex gray highlight?

2. Remove Advertisements

Long Beach, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

I probably don't have a satisfactory answer for your first question but I will try:

I would start with a very watered down mid tone color of the lightening that you will be painting and create the basic shape. I would then get slightly watered down lighter paint and go inside the previous color. Keep doing this and going lighter until you are satisfied.

As for your second question - the vehicle was probably airbrushed which will produce a smooth transition of color. You might be able to achieve a similar effect to what you are talking about by using very watered down paints. Maybe even sponding them on rather than using a brush.

A light color on black would be very distinct and striking - so could work. To be honest I would want to see the results before answering this one way or the other.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread