How big is the defiler? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How big is the defiler?

I'm working on converting my defiler so that it looks less like a crab and more like a walker, have it be taller and not so low to the ground and bulky. However, in the interest of rules I'll need to mount it on something so that it takes up as much space as a normal defiler would. How much space does a defiler take up? Does just the hull area count or are the legs included in the dimensions as well?

I can read now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry i guess no-one will mind unless youre palying in a tourney also..... look at the The images on some search engines and find out what other people have done im sur eyoull find atleast 1 Modle the way you want it... Plus wouldnt a defeiler look REALLY wierd as a drednaught or a wraithlord type thing?

Have a look at THIS
    Last edited by 1st class tramp; December 26th, 2005 at 00:53.

4 Space primarchs dead
    3 Chaos primarchs dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww...
    Pew pew pew! (Had too)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by 1st class tramp
    Dont worry i guess no-one will mind unless youre palying in a tourney also..... look at the The images on some search engines and find out what other people have done im sur eyoull find atleast 1 Modle the way you want it... Plus wouldnt a defeiler look REALLY wierd as a drednaught or a wraithlord type thing?

Have a look at THIS

Holy crow. Obviously that thing is moving by magic, because those stumpy little legs don't look big enough to move that Rhino body. Same with the arms. I'm not sure that they reach anything to actually attack it.

I like the bodies pouring out of the center though.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

My friends that model is horrific in my opinion! :x

bo not really. imo as long as all trhe weapons are there it does not matter if its represented by a drednaught.

DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

A defiler is amount a half inch to an inch taller than a landraider... that's all pending how you arranged the defiler legs when you assembled it. You can make it look however you want... but remember to keep its approximate height and size for game play purposes.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112
    A defiler is amount a half inch to an inch taller than a landraider... that's all pending how you arranged the defiler legs when you assembled it. You can make it look however you want... but remember to keep its approximate height and size for game play purposes.
    I'm not too worried about the height aspect as all vehicles count as size 3 anyhow, but I'm more concerned about how much space a defiler usually takes up so I can make a base that size if I have to.
    I can read now!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1st class tramp
    Plus wouldnt a defeiler look REALLY wierd as a drednaught or a wraithlord type thing?
    ]
    Why should it look wierd?
    Have a look in liber chaotica Khorne, there are som pretty nice drawings in there to indicate what the defiler alternatively might look like.
    Nothing is really right or wrong, the looks of the model is up to you, as long as you keep the correct rules and equipment in mind.
    I have some plans of my own lying around of a dreadnought like defiler.
    The plan of it is of course to make the whole thing bigger and higher. Think of it like an upright spider. I'm gonna mount mine on some appropriate heavy legs, give him a torso, head and 4-6 arms.
    2 arms are gonna mount an earthshaker cannon to count as the battlecannon, make it look like he's carrying a really large rifle you know?

When it comes to size I would say that keeping within the limits of regular tanks should be right.
    As most of you are aware of, it is possible to place miniatures under and between the legs of the defiler model, so if you take the size of maybe a Leman Russ or a rhino then the size should be faily "normal"
    As to the height I don't see any limit, it would count as a size 3 unit anyway...
    But a size of up to 20cm could be right...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

+ Reply to Thread