Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Real Money Saver

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  m&ms 
#1 ·
i have purchased a box set of the new cadian heavy weapons team. :D and i noticed that there are 3 of each heavy weapon, 3 autocannons 3 heavy bolters 3 lascannons 3 mortar and 3 missle launchers. now since the box only comes with 3 cadian troop models and ony enough bipods, tripods, etc. im going to try and take 9 unused shock troops and assemble the entire box of heavy weapons!! just basicallly convert and convert. you could even have them carrying the weapons to there location or covert them so that their lying down. im going to cut up cocktail sticks and glue them together for the tripods.. ill see if i can get some pics.

thisll save me at least 90 bucks, buy me some hellhounds with that cash!!

good idea or bad idea

#4 ·
good plan im tempted to buy a heavy weapons team now so i ccan put the lascannons and heavy bolters on space marines and i could use the autocannons to make twin linked lascannons on my dread then i could sell off the mortars to my ig playing friend now thats a plan

#7 ·
Hmm...
I never thought about that before...

Thanks for the idea mate!

Ok, I don't play cadians myself, but as you others have mentioned, the excess weapons will work fine as parts in scenery....
So that's what I'm gonna do!
Think about using them in conjunction with forgeworld sandbag enplacements.

#13 ·
I purchased a box of Cadians and a box of Heavy weapons. I ended up with 9 total heavy weapons.

I used the tripods for a Lascannon and two Autocannons and put them on the larger round bases (GK Termie size). The gunners are on their own bases.

I used the bipod from the missle launcher and heavy weapons bases for 3 HB's. They are all alone on their bases, I don't like not being able to remove that one wound from the board. But hey, that's just me.

I then made 3 missle launchers two on their knees and one running carrying the spare missle. I used the head with the open mouth and chin strap off. He looks very dynamic. These I placed again on the GK Termie sized bases.

I am very happy with the way they all came out and the increased flexibility in my force for very little effort. Thanks for the great tip m&m's.

Uncle Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.