Uscm (from The Movie "aliens") - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This army is based off of the United States Colonial Marines from the movie "Aliens," directed by James Cameron. Its my favorite movie of all times. I've already converted a couple models, and might i say, they look quite good. Its amazing what a little bit o green stuff, and a crapload of patience can produce. Any suggestions on how to improve my little codex would be much appreciated. Im still working on making an APC though. For now im thinking armor or 12 on all sides, and two twin-linked assault cannons. Anyhow, how do you like it so far?

Points/Model WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    Marine 15 4 4 3 3 1 3 1 8 5+
    Sergeant 25 4 5 4 4 2 4 2 9 5+

Squad: Each squad consists of between 5 and 10 Marines and 1 Sergeant

Weapons: Pulse Rifles

Options: In addition to Pulse Rifles, any Marine may be additionally equipped with an auto pistol and combat knife, a shotgun, or at Flame-thrower at +5 points each. Up to two models may be armed with a Smartgun or a SADAR at +18 points per model. A model armed with a Smartgun or SADAR may also be given an IR auto-targeter at +5 points. Any model may be given a motion tracker in addition to other gear at +3 points.

Ranged Weapons Range Str. AP Type
    Auto Pistol 12” 4 5 Pistol
    Flame-thrower
    Pulse Rifle 24” 4 5 Rapid Fire
    Grenade Launcher
    SADAR 48” 8 3 Heavy 1
    Smartgun 24” 5 4 Assault 4

Special Rules:

1. Auto-targeter: The IR auto-targeter is a sophisticated targeting device that basically aims the weapon for you, because of this, anyone firing a smartgun or SADAR who is also equipped with an IR auto-targeter, always hits on a 2+ regardless of BS.

2. Pulse Rifle: The standard issue USCM Pulse Rifle is counted as being a bolter/grenade launcher combi wepaon.

3. Bug Wars: Colonial Marines specialize in bug fighting, and therefor get +1 initiative and +1 to WS when fighting against Tyranids.

4. Deep Strike: All Colonial Marines must be deployed using deep strike rules. When they are deployed, they may make a barrage attack on the enemy from their dropships.

5. Reflexes: All Colonial Marines have highly attuned senses and can therefor sometimes dodge an attack, giving them an invulnerable save of 5+.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww d@mn, sorry its all jumbled guys, it looked just fine when i was typing it...d@mn HTML!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm...NO

5. Reflexes: All Colonial Marines have highly attuned senses and can therefor sometimes dodge an attack, giving them an invulnerable save of 5+.
    This part in particular is just plain wrong, and what part of the movie supports this?

Cool concept but try and build it using the rules found in Codex: Imperial Guard. Your version of the marines are way too powerful... They're freakin better than Space Marines. I wouldn't let you get anywhere near the table with this army... Where's the balance?

And I'm not sure if you were paying attention to the movie very well, the Marines got chewed up by the Xenomorphs, they totally got their asses handed to them.

Please stop trying to build UBER armies.... enough already...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the marines in the movie did get chewed up by the aliens, sure, but the USCM is specially trained to deal with bugs. Many events that occured in the movie did not go along with standard procedure. For one thing, the fact that they were unable to use any weaponry above flamethrowers screwed the whole thing up. I'm not only basing it off of the movie marines...if i did that...then they'd just about be as good as grots...ok, so maybe i take out the 5+ invulnerable save...there's a few things i accidentally left out. And i also forgot to mention they count as an Elite choice (duh) and you would only be able to include one USCM squad in your army.

special rules cont.

Marines, we are Leaving!: if the sargeant is ever killed in battle, the unit must immediately fall back towards your deployment zone. They now count as having fleet of foot, but they cannot shoot or assault for the rest of the game. Once they reach your deployment zone, they are removed from the game (this does not count as victory points for your enemy)

7th
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm, without wanting to sound too harsh... i like the conversion ideas, but maybe just substituting them for storm troopers or something would fit better rules wise?

do you have any pics of the converted models?

7th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do...but due to the crappiness of my computer...hehe, yeah, probably not gonna be able to post em...and you're right, maybe it would be better to just use em as stormtroopers...unless *thinks* ouch!...thinking hurts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er... fix the point values, and take out imbalances (the leaving thing, yeah...) and you should be fine.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone ask themselves why the hell this is in the conversions forum...maybe a move is necessary?...to army lists maybe, when its fixed and not so....ummmm...godlike?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, as a hint to vindicare, maybe use this from imperial guard codex:
    doctrines:
    -hardened fighters
    -drop troops
    -sharpshooters
    -cyber enhancement
    -carapace armour

these seem to fit, and dont have a cry cause all your acrobatics and giant weapons arent there. you dont play this game to kill everyone, y6ou need tactics. also, for apc, use a friggin chimera with autocannon or something. yuou just cant make such a strong army, its basically immmoral and no one would play you.

then use different parts of the imp. guard to make it more like the movie, the ig list is very very diverse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol just for a laugh:

Alians

HQ
    1 Queen
    WS 6
    BS 6
    S 6
    T 6
    W 6
    I 6
    A 6
    LD 10
    SV 3+
    Can spit acid (See Below)
    Acid Bile
    Monsterous Creature

Troops
    Warriors
    WS 4
    BS 3
    S 5
    T 4
    W 3
    I 5
    A 4
    LD 8
    SV 4+
    Unit: 1-3
    Spit Acid
    Acid Bile

Facehuggers
    WS 2
    BS 0
    S 2
    T 2
    W 1
    I 10
    A 1
    LD 10
    Unit: 10-30
    May &#39;&#39;jump&#39;&#39; at the face of an enermy. It causes an automatic S.4 hit with no armour saves alowed. This attack kills the face hugger

Elites
    Pretorian Warriors
    WS 5
    BS 4
    S 6
    T 4
    W 3
    I 6
    A 5
    LD 8
    SV 3+
    Spit Acid
    Acid Bile

Fast Attack

Runner Alians
    WS 4
    BS 4
    S 4
    T 4
    W 2
    I 7
    A 4
    LD 8
    SV 4+
    Spit Acid
    9&#39;&#39; move 9&#39;&#39; Charge range
    Acid Bile

Heavy Support

Acidic Alians
    WS 3
    BS 3
    S 5
    T 5
    W 3
    I 4
    A 3
    LD 8
    SV 2+
    Spit Acid (More Powerful - S.5 AP 3 Assalt 2 Range 1
    Acid Bile (More Powerful - When wounded modals in contact suffer a S.4 Hit)
    Monsterous Creature

Special Rules
    Acid Bile - When wounded the creature lets out a wad of acidic blood. Any modal in base contact (Exept alians) Suffer a S.3 hit. Saves ARE allowed (Shouldent be but would be too unbalenced)

Weapons
    Spit Acid:
    Range: 12
    Streanth: 4
    AP: 4
    Type: Assault 2

What do you think
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast