Lysander conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lysander conversion

I've been looking through the GW range for something to use as a base for the Chapter Master of my BA succesors and i saw the Captain Lysander model. I've seen it in a lot of conversions and it looks like a pretty versatile model, but i need some ideas. my thoughts are to keep the bulk of the body, swap the heads (cut it out or something) change the hammer for an appropriate sword, and change the myriad Imperial Fist icons or at least cover them up.

does anyone have any ideas on this? how would i go about swithing the heads? the head i'm going to use is the High Elf Silver Helms command head (the HE heads without helmets look like Sanguinius to me) but i have no idea on how to get Lysanders out of there, so advice on that would be most welcome. another thing is what sword to use, help there would also be welcome. lastly, the part of this little job which should prove most difficult, how do i get rid of the IF stuff? i need a lot of ideas for that. any help would be most welcome, please and thank you in advance

This night is wild, so cold and dull, these hearts they race from self control

Carpe Noctem (because Diem is too bright)

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Maybe use the terminator captian head. but if you don't want a baldy, either green stuff some hair on, or you'll have to go with the high elves. I can't think of any other types of head with hair.

You should probably use the sword from the Terminator Captian. that would look fitting, but I don't know what to do about the icons. they're a real bummer.

I didn't have that problem with mine, because mine is Nurgle. Green stuff for the win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

im afraid you'll have to clip or drill the head out.

you'll then have to file it smoothe and possibly core out more of the model's head cavity to fit the head you want in there

as it's a BA successor chapter how are you arming it?

id suggest probably twin lightning claws for this model as most successor chapters for the blood angels lean toward the close combat ethic more than the shooty variety

i have just got a Lysander and it didn't survive the transporting very well (though it was well packed) so ive had to strip it and im probably going to remove the head myself and add a more suitably wolfy one in there.

i'll just use my dremmel and cut and drill away til it fits the head i've chosen.

as for the icons just file them off and create a chapter badge for yourself and either paint it or GS it in their place.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

+ Reply to Thread