Ghosts !!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghosts !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghosts !!!

Well Im well on my way to finishing my Da imperial guard allies all I got left is to paint up the rest of those *cough* meatsheilds *cough* guardsmen and a couple of sanctioned psykers. well anyways I was flipping through one of my old white dwarfs when I came across the rules for nemesis in kill team. Well I was looking through it and there is an ghostly apparation space marine. And then it hit me doing an entire SM army ghost style.
    Now my question is that anyone who has this white dwarf how exactly do you think this guy was painted and also do you think it would look fairly impressive on the field. Ohb and while this should be in conversions does anyone have any suggestions on how to make them doing ghost things like walking through terrain and stuff ?

Thanks ahead of time.

"They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

UK WD 299 (I think) has an article on how to paint the army of the dead from lotr. I would imagine the method would be the same. I dont know which issue this is in the US though

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Well, I think they used a drybrush of snot green followed by progressively lighter greens (bilious green, scorpion green, then a light highlight of white). No other detail work was placed.

One way to further model them would be to use some pieces of a zombie sprue for heads, the odd arm, etc. This would give them the appearance of being undead wraiths.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Or you could just use the Legion of the Damned SM models, they're already ghosts fluff-wise and just paint them in more ghostly colours (like the lotr models are)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I am sure you would get a nice smooth finish if you primed white and then applied very watered down ink washes in the color you are looking for. My suggestion would be a watered down green, blue, or green/blue combination. Keep it very watered down to where only a hint of the color is left on the model and build up the color to what you want. That way it isn't too bright.

As for the conversions to have them going through stuff. The plastics will be easy enough - just cut them at the angle you want and glue one side to the object and the other to the 2nd side of the object. Just make sure the look to line up.

What also might be kind of cool - apply battle damage to the figures so that you can get kind of an idea of how the marine died. Maybe even have one like the headless horseman only on a bike holding his head!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnak you everyone
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

I had an idea like that for a diorama, once.
    First of all, the armor should have extensive battle-damage. Parts of it might be missing completely.
    Second - zombies are a big no-no. Use WHFB Skeleton parts instead, they will give an overall creepier appearance.
    Third, the paintjob. I was thinking about using shades of grey and then sourcelighting with a dark blue - like some unearthly kind of light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x4)

Unearthly light? Something like the undead guys in LotR?
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use the greens, blues, and whites that they used for the Oathbreakers.

I saw an article on that somewhere..................................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say make the armor normal, and make them all have no helmets... and have them have ghost heads. And extensive battle damage to the armor. Any place where you would see flesh because of battle damage, there would be the glowing marine body. Would be sorta cool for a "Count as Thousand Sons" army if you ask me. Make all the scratches glowing green.... I really really like the idea. Post pics when/if you do it

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

+ Reply to Thread