Blood Angel Terminator Squad - Pictures! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Blood Angel Terminator Squad - Pictures!

Just finished up my latest commission of 5 terminator Blood Angels. They were painted up to a high gaming standard. I learned one big valuable lesson with these guys. To conserve some time I decided to try the GW blood red spray.

The red spray worked just fine and I don't have an complaints about it. However these figures were shipped to me already assembled so I based them and sprayed them and then needed to cover areas in colors other than red. I decided to be stubborn and paint over the red in the colors I needed. This proved to be a pain in the ass!

Now - I keep my paints thin so what ended up happening is that I needed to cover the red in several layers of color. What I should have done is repaint those areas red. Overall I did save time and the end result I think looks very clean - so I am happy with the results. I will simply have to remember to repaint the red areas in white before putting color on in the future.

At any rate - here are the pictures of the squad. I look forward to your comments/critiques.

Group:

Sergeant:

Blood Angel Terminators:

Cheers,

-Mike

Last edited by slorak; January 12th, 2006 at 23:47.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good! I think you have forge world blood angel arms, well at least on the sergeant. Clean and simple, very nice, I still like the old ones though...well at least mine:shifty:
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by white_consulate
    Looks good! I think you have forge world blood angel arms, well at least on the sergeant. Clean and simple, very nice, I still like the old ones though...well at least mine:shifty:
    Yeah they have the Forge World Blood Angel terminator shoulder pads on. Thanks for the comments!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look very good, especially for TT standard. The only thing I spotted is the skull on the sergeant's shield. Transfers are great for getting neat insignia but your freehand looks pretty good judging by the writing on the scrolls. If you must use a transfer then at least use it as a guide and paint some detail over it.

That is, of course, a very minor point. I wish my BA army looked half that good!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

They're beautiful mate, nice one. Be careful though- I once had to paint a BA terminator squad for work and ended up getting a whole BA army because they were so nice to paint.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint monkey
    They're beautiful mate, nice one. Be careful though- I once had to paint a BA terminator squad for work and ended up getting a whole BA army because they were so nice to paint.
    Yeah I painted these up for a client and he already wants more! They were fun to paint - next time I will repaint the non-red parts white though! That was a bit of a pain!

Cheers,

-Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Looks good, I like the red. The Power Sword is IMO to dark on the outer edges, a lighter highlight there would improve it greatly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Looks good, nice TT standard

The freehand skull is not that great, it don’t like the design. Its not as well painted as the rest.
    Your red has a little bit of pink shine in it, and I’m no fan of that look. Stull a nice color,, but I shod use les white and not use as bright red.
    The eyes of the captain is a bit strange, I don’t like the use of black around them. Its like he uses eyeliner or something. :tongue:

I love the bone on the shoulders and the green, its well painted. Its a high table top standard over all. (the things I comment is still high TT standard)

One more thing they are weary clean. I under stand that he wants more.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

These are way better then table top standard. They're easily GW display case standard. You should be proud.

I like the effect of the powersword. It looks like its glass filled with green liquid.

I think the skin is the only downfall i can. Lacks depth and defination. Oh and where you've inked in the brown /black line for the armour plates I think the termie helmets could have had the same treat ment to give them a depth.

Great work!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yeah - definitivly above TT standard!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast