Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makin Bridges And Rivers

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Nostrafus 
#1 ·
Me and my mate have recently made a board and we made a river out of blue tissue paper and to be honest it's rubbish. So has any one got any good tips for making rivers and bridges that can accomidate a land raider, also has anyone got any ideas for making dead bodies look good at the moment we have a few dismembered eldar guardians you know with goblin green blood every where and heads on spikes. B)

#3 ·
here's spome ideas

you could make a bridge out of a piece of styrofoam,
that you cut in the desired shape with a sharp knife.
you could olso try making it from cardboard, ore wood.

as for rivers you could try painting a section of you board in the desired color of the water, than over that you glue household foil (you know the type that you kan look through) wrinkle it a bit to give it a bit of a wave effect.

#5 ·
Ok I got an idea for the river...
First make the river section. By that I mean the banks, bends and so on.
Then go for a walk... get into a place where they sell "Woodland Scenics".
Get your hands on some "Realistic water". If you are short on cash, don't do this, the bottle costed a woppin 25£.

Well then...
After that go home and just poar the "water" on to the desired area.
I'm not sure of how to get colour into the stuff, but I can imagine that it is possible to just mix the stuff with the waterbased paint of your liking and then just add or deduce the paint percentage as the different layers are poured on.

#10 ·
Yeah there are a few methods for making realistic water.

There's the old standard which is PVA and paint

Or there is always the woodland scenics water stuff

Also a good substitute is fishing bait liquid jelly, it can be dyed beforehand, and comes by the gallon, pretty cheap too, sure it'll form a jelly, but hey that would make for some freaky terrain, since you can mold it, perhaps small jelly like surfaces for fighting in deep warp space where solids could form.

Also something for dying PVA you can actually use some of the leftovers from that blue tissue paper, let it sit overnight in the PVA (if you can, use elmers glue, the real elmers glue this one works for sure) and you'll have blue glue, you just have to shake it up a bit before hand, probably use a 1/2 filled glue tube, maybe base it with 1/2 white PVA, then put the rest on top. I remember making my teachers so mad in school when all their glue would be green, pink, blue, orange, black, etc. Very funny, and I was never caught.

#12 ·
yeah, you could do that but wouldn't be moving it be a bit of a problem? and what if someone hits the table? it would look cool, maybe ill try it.

i saw some guy who had made a river out of some kind of plastic foil, you can uy it in hobby shops, he painted the underground black then blue and then green and then he glued on that foil. i dont know if it still excists for i have seen it a while ago, but it looked very realistic.

you can use the hairs of a paint-brush ( use the thick, brown or yellowish hairs ) ot make reed at the banks of the river, just an idea...

--for the greater good--

#13 ·
Well if you wanted to use real water you could always get a whole lot of gelitan (not jello, but real gelitan, probably unflavored since you don't want any pets eating your terrain) and just keep layering it up, it'll still be real water, it's just also edible, and jelly like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.