Dreadnought ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnought ideas

For now, I'm not that excited about converting my marines, because I just want to get them over with (Though I'm playing with the poses at this point.), and I'm not ready to work with pewter figures... Hence, the only thing to start my conversion with, is the humble Dreadnought. I'm struggling with deciding on how to make mine more unique.

This is the current "sketch" since it's not a confirmed idea. I'm probably going to use hot water to soften the termaguant after removing the relevant parts and just smashing the foot into the gaunt on the base and attach it with glue after it cools. As for the Genestealer, I'm open to ideas.

I'm a little unhappy with the legs, and I'm concerned that the dread only would look right against a 'nid army. But it does look good (sorta) and I thought it would be a start.

Oh, and it's a DA dreadnought, thought I'm entertaining making it a Deathwing dread. It's probably going to be venerable, so I'm open to ideas.

Link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28024533/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a link to some dreadnaught conversions from GW.

You could also add a trophy or two from other armies so it looks like it has faced something besides nids. Maybe even a relic or two from before he was put into the dreadnaught.
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I like the idea, and love dreads, but there is something with the positioning that bothers me. I think you should straighten the body/coffin-part so it's not leaning backwards like it is now. As it stands it looks a bit like if he is falling, like if the nid is winning.

Other then this it looks fine and you do not need to worry about having a nid when facing vother opponents. That is something that happends to us all. Just think about all the dead marines in Chaos coversions

Keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Yeah.. He looks a bit screwed as he is. That genestealer is sitting on his most vulnerable bit, and he's about to fall over.. what could be more embarassing.

I love the concept though. Really nice. I'd suggest bending one of the the genestealers arms slightly so that he's grabbing at the carapace.. crawling his way over the top. It would make it more asymetric (and therefore realistic) and would remove some of the 'raaagh! I'm a bat!' effect.

I once saw someone with a very similar converted dread, and he said his inspiration was the combat suits from the Matrix Revolutions. If you can stand watching that fairly lame film, it might be worth looking at the poses and the way those things move for some ideas.

I love the relic idea.. If I were making a loyalist dreadnought, I'd be tempted to have his old bolter clamped or chained to the hull. Some nice sentimental value, and it means the machine spirits of his old equipment can watch over him in battle.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; January 22nd, 2006 at 18:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

the dread is at a iffy angle as people have said.

how to fix it is to remove the left leg from the chasis and reatach it so that the leg is leading the dread and slice the front 'toe' and bend it so that it is pointing downwards around the nids body.

as for it looking weird against other armies you'll have this no matter what base model you use but if you play against nids a lot then this is fine.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That link was interesting, but now really what I had in mind. Not that I know what I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Yeah.. He looks a bit screwed as he is. That genestealer is sitting on his most vulnerable bit, and he's about to fall over.. what could be more embarassing.

I love the concept though. Really nice. I'd suggest bending one of the the genestealers arms slightly so that he's grabbing at the carapace.. crawling his way over the top. It would make it more asymetric (and therefore realistic) and would remove some of the 'raaagh! I'm a bat!' effect.

I once saw someone with a very similar converted dread, and he said his inspiration was the combat suits from the Matrix Revolutions. If you can stand watching that fairly lame film, it might be worth looking at the poses and the way those things move for some ideas.

I love the relic idea.. If I were making a loyalist dreadnought, I'd be tempted to have his old bolter clamped or chained to the hull. Some nice sentimental value, and it means the machine spirits of his old equipment can watch over him in battle.
    About the Dread. I'll probably try the cut and paste fix, but it could be fixed when I moosh it into the 'nid. Hard to say, really.

Sadly, I couldn't stand the Matrix movies after the second, so I have no idea what the combat suit looks like. I'm still jumping around the relic idea mentioned by quite a few posts, but I can't really decide what to add, and I'm not sure it'll look good. Maybe something from the terminator sprues or a powerweapon.
    Last edited by Swordy; January 23rd, 2006 at 02:22.

+ Reply to Thread