Fun & Crazy conversion ideas. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun & Crazy conversion ideas.

I started off with a fairly serious idea of what I wanted for WH40k, but now I'm starting to feel I need something more fun to play with. I want to make something crazy. A joke army that can still function. I've juggled ideas, but nothing really fit. Something like that Hello Kitty WH army.

I toyed with the idea of Witchhunters in Japanese schoolgirl outfits, but now I wonder if there could be something even crazier. Super Mario orks, perhaps.

Granted, all this is just to whittle the time away untill the new ork codex comes out.... but honestly, I wanna have fun.

I'm also considering custom building a entire army first in clay, then casted in resin. I have the skills for it, so it's alright. Tyranids are perfect, since they are supposed to look completely different from each other. Inspired by this

carnifex I saw. Though I wonder if there's anything else I can work with. Maybe a series of Auxillaries for the Tau.
    Seriously. Just throw ideas at me. NOTHING is too crazy. I'll consider ANYTHING.

EDIT: My only real problem is with green stuff, but that's only cause I haven't worked with it before. I will soon, though.

EDIT2: You know, I made this thread for my own use, but I'm starting to feel this thread would be useful to more then just me. I mean, I can't be the only one who wants a place to give or get crazy and unusual ideas, am I?

Last edited by Swordy; January 27th, 2006 at 09:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oxymoran's are always pretty funny, you could try something like an army of fat greasy elves, anerexsic (can't spell for my life.) orgres, tall dwarfs, or maybie an army of impecably dressed orcs (i'm thinking tux's and tophats...). By the way are you talking fantasy or 40k?
    War necessitates a different set of morals.
    Mine will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about a squat army; done oompa loompa style! though that would take some work.. or an imperial guard army made up of elderly (old.. not 'eldar-ly') people.. then theres always gay marines.. i started making some out of some marines i got from a friend.. but they made me feel homophobic...:ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make an IG clown army. They can be dressed in underpants, have big red noses, colourful 'fros, and can have potato launchers for mortars. Their tank can be rediculously funny-looking, and they can have flowers on their chests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truesight
    Oxymoran's are always pretty funny, you could try something like an army of fat greasy elves, anerexsic (can't spell for my life.) orgres, tall dwarfs, or maybie an army of impecably dressed orcs (i'm thinking tux's and tophats...). By the way are you talking fantasy or 40k?
    Leaning towards 40k, but I don't have a problem with FB figures.

Orks in tuxs. X3 Love that idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandwhichmen or happy chaos! (that makes a hell of a crazy conversion)
    "Oooooh them rats look just like Skittles!!"-Homer,The Simpsons

My Skaven armylist:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-friendly.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a Space Marine army based on the Turn Signal on a Land Raider's main character's chapter, The Emperor's Pointy Sticks (" alright boys its time for our battle cry....POKE EM' IN THE EYE"). They have dozens of characters and of course Kren and Frep's Land Raider. This is my dream joke army.

Look on Google and look for some Warhammer 40k images. Some people have some crazy conversions, especially for the Emperor's Children armies *OH THE PINK PANTIES.... THERE EVERY WHERE I TELL YOU*

Another idea would be a Imperial Guard army with guardsmen who think there Orks. Give them Shoota's for Lasguns and Truckks for Chimeras. This wouldn't require so much green stuff work as much as hacking and slashing bits together. And heck its Orks so it can look messy.

By the way that Carnafex looks awesome were did you find the image?

Good luck with you army.

~~~No1:yes:
    Last edited by Commander NoOne; January 23rd, 2006 at 17:00.
    The guilty laugh while the innocent suffer.............WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big buff tau?
    imperial guard with brown bags with eye holes on their heads...:shifty:
    ninjas? :ninja:
    tyranid teddybears!
    MY ADVICE?
    GREY KNIGHTS RULE!

Armies:

Raven Guard
    Daemonhunters

Bretonnians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

OMG, these ideas are filled with Hersey! XD XD haha hmm

i'd have to go with turn signals on land raider idea.. that would be awesome.. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a partial army (more like 3 squads) of all Movie and TV personality conversions. Granted such characters are inevitably copyrighted by some big producer somewhere, but I have the A-Team (Hanibal, Face, Murdock, BA, and COl. Decker) and their van (Converted Rhino), Terminator 1 and 2, Spaceballs (Dark helmet, Lonestar, Barf, the droid) and their Winnebego, and The League of Extrordinary Gentlemen (Movie), and the Punisher. If you came up with interpretations for more movies and TV - that would be pretty fun! Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast