Librarium Online Forums banner

Black Templars *PICS*

2K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Da Mighty Camel 
#1 ·
Some of my Black Templars.. would be nice of comments.. :yes:

I will post some more marines when I they are painted up and maybe a rhino. :shifty:

See less See more
#5 ·
Really nice! As said, the Plasma Gunner looks really cool!

My only advice to give would be for taking pictures, not their content. :)
The pictures posted are close so a little blurry (only a little). If you are not already, be sure that you are using the 'Macro' setting (the little flower symbol) on your camera.

But really cool models, well done!

#11 ·
really don't like the grey edged highlights... i prefer the "less is more" approach where you'd just do the grey line on the highest surfaces rather then every single edge.

I like the robes though,

not keen on the plasma gunner, although i like the way you've come up with a never seen before pose, rather then following a trend like most people do.

Good work overall!

#14 ·
Kills said:
@ Mighty Camel,
Tell me your ideas. ^^
I thought of cutting up one guy so he leans back and fires a bolter/missile launcher/plasma gun/whatever between his legs, some guys jumping forward/backward/sideways firing weapons (preferably one weapon in each hand), someone wheeling on one hand and firing a weapon with the other one and so on. :)

#16 ·
I like it except for the highlights on the black. Honestly, I rarely see black highlighted well... either it's too much, or you can't see it (this includes mine as well.) It's just plain hard to work when you don't have a darker shade (unless somebody has come across Ultrablack.) What I've tried doing is using a dark grey (Vallejo German Grey... it's probably about the equivalent of a 50/50 mix of Codex Grey and Chaos black.) and then hitting it with a few black washes. It's still pretty dark, but gives you a lot more range for your colors.

Good job.

#20 ·
IMO i also like thick highlight but i think the highlight used is a little to light and it seems to be only one colour of highlight, rather than working up to a fial drybrush of the realy soft colour.

i think the pictures arent very flattering to the mods either. but this is a small critisism on an alround nice looking bunch of models

i also think the plasma gunner shows great skills in converting, although i do peffer to think of him as shooting over cover than being an arrogant show off. i know i sound stuck up but marines to me are always men of great honour and discipline.

#21 ·
Raptors said:
IMO i also like thick highlight but i think the highlight used is a little to light and it seems to be only one colour of highlight,
Maybe it looks like I only used one highlight coz the pics are a little blurry. I used Codex grey first and then a thinner highlight with Fortress Grey.

Raptors said:
i also think the plasma gunner shows great skills in converting, although i do peffer to think of him as shooting over cover than being an arrogant show off. i know i sound stuck up but marines to me are always men of great honour and discipline.
Only in battle. ;) You don't know what they are doing on their sparetime! Or do you? :|

#22 ·
Kills said:
You don't know what they are doing on their sparetime! Or do you? :|
no idont Know thats why i said that that is how i imagine them, or to qoute correctly "i might sound a little stuck up but marines TO ME are etc...".

i am sorry if you have taken offence to something i have said i was just giving my honest opinion.

i do think that on the hole your models look good there certainly not up to eavy metal standards but i understand you are not claminig them to be!

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.