Khornate Dreadnought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Khornate Dreadnought

Here's one of the first models in my new Khorne army. Feel free to comment on either painting or conversion. Tell me what you think:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

The Drills are way too small. Fluff-wise you couldn't really use them against troops, throw on bigger drills add on the drills a whole bunch of spiky bits so that as its spinning it could fluffly rip troops apart.

Mike

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I like the drills, if they were bigger they might be better weapons but it would ruin the balance of the dead.
    Though, I think it looks a bit to clean for me. Them hard edge are a bit to hard. I have this thing for "dirty and torned" apperance of my models though and I know this is not how everybody like it.
    I would have gone over the whole Dread with a thinned down mix of black , brown and darkred. Let it go to the recesses and whipe the other areas half-clean with your thumb, it's done in no time. Then have a (really dry) drybrush on them edges with some kind of silver-paint, a dark one like boltgun would do the trick.
    I would also add some battledamage like bulletholes and chipped of pieces of metal, keep them bright metal like mithril.

And I must say I love those dreads.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

I think the red is to bright. I shod have liked some more dark shades and darker red. Also the blue/green looks out of place, that color don’t fit with the rest of the model.

When you are using gold combined with red it is important that you have a lots of shades close to the gold or the two colors blend together.

My main issue is that I think the red is to bright, but that is a personal thing.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Thats the photograph. It was taken with a flash, so it appears a lot lighter than it actually is.
    thanks for the comments, and Andusciassus, I'll try that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't matter that the drills couldn't get a singles Guardsman, the Dread can swing them side-to-side and do hella damage to anything infront of it.
    "Through most of the war we fought as nobles might. Never betraying, never decietful. But there came a point where tripping the soldier next to you might mean another day of life..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Like the drills... How did you do it?

The only problem I have with the modeling, is that you could have put it in a more dynamic pose.

I would also darken the red, much like everyone else suggested. What red did you use? Because you said that it got lightened up... I think it should be Scab Red with possibly a brown undercoat to get it a little darker...

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fan of the double power plant - nice!
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A drill going sideways whilst rotating at high speed can do a LOT of damage, because on the spiral, all the edges are sharpened. So it would work.
    Regarding the blue/green, it does look out of place. But its the correct insignia colours, so I don't know what you can do about that.
    Since its a khorne dread, I would add a bit of blood to the drill bits. Just a bit on the cutting edges, not over the top, will make it a lot nastier looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the paint

what colours inks did you use because i have a red army made the cheme myself and i am going to make a dreadnaught soon what tips you got for the painting

just what tips to help with the extra detail thx because yours look cool and the drills very smart
    I think you just got owned by the death Raven Company

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast