Sarpedon Commander of the Soul Drinkers, help needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarpedon Commander of the Soul Drinkers, help needed!

ok, im used to collecting chaos but one day i thought "why not collect some space marines" (dont ask). it just so happened i was reading bleeding chalace so why not make a soul drinkers army! and who better to lead the army into battle but the almighty Sarpedon (if you dont know what the hell im talking about he has the body of a spider and instead of the head is half of a marine) the only problem is i dont have a clue how to model him, i have thought of shelob but im sure that im going to wreck the whole thing up :wacko: any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_runemaster
    he has the body of a spider and instead of the head is half of a marine) the only problem is i dont have a clue how to model him, i have thought of shelob but im sure that im going to wreck the whole thing up :wacko: any help?
    I haven't taken a good look at the shelob model, but from what I've seen of it online, it seems like an awesome choice! Its huge and takes up a dreadnaught-sized base, that would DEFINATLY make for an imposing HQ to have on the field. If the Marine's body is too small, then upgrade him to Terminator armor, he should fit then.

I dont know much of anything about the Soul Drinkers, and especially about Sarpedon in particular. Did it say that the spider bady was flesh??? If not, here's an idea for a mechanical spider body, which might be cool!

Necron Tomb Lord Conversion

Just an idea...and if they they both dont work for you, I would suggest you go look towards the Reaper minitaure model ranges. I'm almost positive that I've seen a giant spider model from them, though, it wasn't nearly as impsing as shelob...

Anyways, good luck and happy corversions!

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarpedon

One he usually wears artificer armour that shelob model would be perfect you are going to want to use the space marine librarian with the force staff remove the top of the force staff and attatch a space marine sergant banner pole to the top this will represent the soulspear. use green stuff to transition him to the body . use the whole body. you are going to have to bevel into the shelob models front . paints that you will need are liche purple, worlock purple golden yellow bleached bone skull white burnished gold flesh wash 1part water elf flesh and chaos black boltgun metal :yes: good luck...
    This bites ran out the door without my
    crozius again....

There is No time for peace

No respite

No forgiveness

There is only WAR

The US Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Well, in my conversion of commander sarpedon, i used the direct sales giant spider body. Shelob, i found, was far too large.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    Well, in my conversion of commander sarpedon, i used the direct sales giant spider body. Shelob, i found, was far too large.

LoC
    It was that large? have a pic
    crozius again....

No respite

No forgiveness

There is only WAR

The US Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of The Forge
    I dont know much of anything about the Soul Drinkers, and especially about Sarpedon in particular. Did it say that the spider bady was flesh??? If not, here's an idea for a mechanical spider body, which might be cool!

Necron Tomb Lord Conversion
    Basic summary: Soul Drinkers = loyal. They get screwed over by the Adeptus Mechanicus (they steal a lost chapter treasure just as the SD's recover it). They assault the Mechanicus ship to try and retake it. Blahblahblah... Declared traitors, decide to go rogue, serving just the Emperor, not the Imperium. Skip a bit... Funky Mutations start happening. One guy grows a massively powerful modified hand, one guy starts regenerating and whatnot...

Sarpedon (Librarian, FYI) has his legs mutate into arachnid style legs. From the story, they're supposedly pretty short yet stocky legs - built for power, ya know? Even rearing up on his hind legs, he's only about 4 meters tall (normal marine being 3-ish, of course...), so they're not too hugely long. They're tipped with some pretty wicked Talons too, so I'm thinking Tyranid bits might be a good place to start. He lost one in a fight, so he should have one (IIRC, it was a middle leg) Bionic leg.

Do you plan on modelling him with the Soulspear (that chapter treasure from before, passed down from Rogal Dorn - think like the Raven's Talons or Gauntlets of Ultramar..), or just with the Force Staff? If you're looking for opinions, I'd vote for the Soulspear, though I'm not really sure how you'd model it... Probably a twin-bladed Lightsaber sorta thing (think Darth Maul), with black blades? :ninja:

In my opinion, he shouldn't have some big, bulbous spider body below him. As I read the novel it seems to me that he's just got the legs, not the big spider body to match. Your choice though, of course.

Oh, and one more thing: if you're gonna do Sarpedon, are there any plans in the works for the likes of Apothecary Pallas, Techmarine Solun, or Sergeants Luko and Tellos? (especially Tellos, he's a cool bundle of violence and crazyness :w00t: ^_^ )
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

First of all, use the search option because threads like this have popped up throughout the chaos, space marine, armies, conversion, and painting sections no fewer than a dozen times.

Next, do not use the shelob model because the legs are wrong and sarpedon does not have an abdomen while the shelob model does.

The legs are described as, as far as I've read, chitinous to a degree) and spear-like at the tips. Nid scything talons come to mind for that, and there must be at least one nid player out there willing to give/trade seven talons.

Now the body, I wanna say go with a scythed hierdule from forgeworld but at 85 pounds that idea probably stands a snowballs chance in hell. So until I can come back with something better, looks like I'm stuck agreeing that using shelob to hold the legs together. Just make sure the abdomen is removed though cause that does not belong....

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it should still be a nice pic

Make it with nid parts then it should still be sweet , earlier when i replied i was going off the cover of the origional book souldrinker it shows the soulspear as a force staff with the top resembling a old banner pole. the colors i matched from the pic
    crozius again....

No respite

No forgiveness

There is only WAR

The US Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Thats not the soul-spear on the cover, thats Sarpedons anlwood force staff which he has throughout the three books. Sarpedon very rarely wields the soulspear. (which as far as rules go is best represented by a darkblade in every aspect...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to make a sarpedon model they look for it on google. I checked there a while back and there was an awsome image. I have seen some good conversions and some bad ones so you will have to think about it because its a hard model to make. But you should use the shelob model and take off the abdomin.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast