Shas'o Conversions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas about how to go about converting a shas'o to make him look more awsome. I love the crisis suits and all, but I think that the commander should look a cut above the rest ya know? So any ideas would be appreciated!

Don't look now... But there's one man too many in this room and I think it's you.
    - Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could attach some sort of robotic wings to the Jetpack and you could use the Target lock as the Head instead there is a conertion with that in the CA, but there are some ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cut the ball joints off the legs of my crisis suits then glue an inch or so of sprue (platic frame) in between the ankle ball thingy and the thigh. It gives the suits a nice long calf, makes them look sleek and fast and extra unstopabble. The unconverted models look stubby, awkward, and short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a drone as a hat.................whats that? 40k? Never heared of it. Whats a Tau?
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um....depends on the theming of your army.

Me personally, I'm thinking of putting some sort of bayonet on each of my twin-linked fusion blasters. Just under an inch long, and about a quarter inch high.

Some battle honours, like on the one that won a Golden Demon a while ago (in the Tau gallery here) wouuld look good, as well as a nicely decorated base, for example, I'm chucking on a rock or two and some razor wire, mebbe a head or something on the Shas'O bodyguard, and for the Commander himself I'm thinking some Ork arms, legs, head and sculpt a body almost completely blown apart by a fusion blaster -- will look sick if I can do it well.

Paint is always a good way to define your model as extra cool -- something different is good. For example, if your army is predominantly black and red, with some white and gold detail, make your Shas'O mainly white with red and gold detail. Gold is an exception, usually doesn't look good in large amounts.

Well...have fun, hopefully I've helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a relativly easy conversion that could help set a shas'o apart. Take a crisis arm and cut the forearm off after the elbow. Then glue it back on straight instead of bent so his arm is straight out and put whatever weapon you want on so he's aiming. Looks best with BC and PG, but other weapons are good as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Crisis Suit Heads, someone's used Land Raider Targetters as Crisis Suit heads. They're a bit wider, but with the antennae, they look like they belong in a Tau army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this is a little off topic, but its to do with that wing idea.
    BIG demon wings!
    i use bloodthirster wings for my shas'o.
    although im in the middle of making a shas'o with robotic wings. (usin sum demon wings then usin green stuff to make em robotic)
    i think it'll luk really good if the robotic wings turned out ok. also, try to make some cool emblem for the suits chest. looks better than the plain old one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally like the idea of the drone as a hat, seeing as it hasn't been done before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh a dancing tau instead of a dancing necron!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast