Custom Cadians! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom Cadians!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Cadians!

Some stuff I've been working on. Exterminator Leman Russ to! since it's a discontinued kit i used spare autocannons from heavy weapon sprues.

trying to get a good solid painting standard to. i hope to improve someday. get the confidence up to finish all my works in progress like grey knigth terminators

Last edited by NTFH; February 21st, 2006 at 05:58.
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Nice conversions! The one thing that leaped out at me was the eyes. You have too much black outlining around them, and it ends up making them look like zombies. The khaki could also use some more highlighting in places. Good job, though.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

I did the spare autocannons heavy weapon turret for my Russ Exterminator.

It works a treat.

Nice minis you have there. The black outlining and flat colours makes them look rather cartoony like they've leaped out of the pages of a comic book. Interesting effect, but not to my tastes. Good work none the less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

conversions look interesting and seem to fit well with the army. Painting is a bit bland and there seems to be areas where the paint looks thick and patchy (especially the flesh areas). Otherwise nothing that wouldn't look good on the table top.

If you are looking for improvement to your painting I would first suggest to thin your paints and paint multiple layers if need be. I would look to maybe start with inking to add shadow and then work on highlighting by adding a lighter shade to your base color and painting up to the highest areas on the figure (for example folds in clothing). There isn't anything wrong with darklining the eyes but you might want to use a lighter color. I would suggest a darker flesh color or a lighter brown.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread