Librarium Online Forums banner

[40k] Terminators (Scratch built)

11K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ~GK_Flarer~ 
#1 ·
I hope I dont offend anyone.. but I still hate the new terminators, its a step up from the old ones, but i think they still look dumb..... anyway...

I plan to scratch build some Raven Guard Terminators, probably using marine parts

and I am completely stumped on what how to start. I probably want Assault termies with 4:1 Ratio of LCs to THs, But I have some magnets and would like to make them versatile, and I can use some of the less chaotic parts.. Mainly from the CSM box and thats bout it... so yeah... any ideas?... oh for the regular terminators.. I need 2 assault cannons.

any ideas would be appreciated.. and dont be afraid to try some of the crazier ideas.. :yes:

#2 ·
You can use greenstuff and plasticard to buff out the plastic Marines. I tried something like that not long ago (was going for very bulky Power Armor), and it looks decent. If you take that far enough (which I didn't - it was supposed to be PA, not TDA), you'll end up with a believable Terminator.
Also, look around for tutorials on making "true scale" Marines - you can use that to buff out the chestplate (which you'll have to do).

The end result will be more resembling Grey Knight termies then the regular ones.

#7 ·
Ill take all these ideas into consideration, keep in mind im not a great modeler... so plasticard might be a problem. Getting the Termies box first and modifying them isnt such a bad idea .... I do need the weapons.... This is only a thought so far... I might just ditch them and go for another vet squad and a converted techmarine... but any more ideas?

#8 ·
I would just paint up and greenstuff a little bit on Grey Knight Terminators. They are some of the coolest looking models in the game, and still resemble normal terminators. You would need to order the arms and weapons from your GW, but it's worth it if you hate the new termies.

#9 ·
yea i have some GKTs sittin round... maybe ill stripe em and change the weapons.....

oh.. i had the best idea ever

If you need an assault cannon.. use the heavy flamer body.... and put the obliterator assault cannon barrel thingy on it... it looks perfect

#11 ·
Plasticard isn't really neccesary - unless you are using it as spacers, and then you won't need to do it perfectly anyway.

You also don't need the normal Termie weapons either, just a bunch of boltpistols, Bolters & some heavy weapons to mess around with (like Heavy Bolters) - seven pieces of tubing and bob's your uncle... you have an Assault Cannon, that is. I scratch-built one for my Land Speeder that way..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.