Tau Etheral - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau Etheral

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Etheral

I have some few touch ups to finish, like the diamond on his back and his bracelets and just some little stuff here and there! I'm trying to work on my painting so i can raise some money, by selling them on Ebay, i personally don't enjoy playing warhammer that much so i'm trying to sell them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Hey From what I can see good blending with white but please try retaking your pictures
    with a lamp to knock out the shadows.

Will give more advice when better pictures are posted.
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Pics

These might help, theres still some shadow but its better compared to the old ones,

I fixed the eyes, worked on braclets, and still working on the diamond figure on the cloak, and just a few little things left.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going to be selling models on EBay, you really need to work out the photography. The pictures will sell the minis... poor pics will generate poor sales. Fantastic photos will always generate more cash!

There's some good tutorials on CMON, DragonMiniatures, and I just posted some suggestions to another fellow in This Thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

I hope it was ok that I played around a little with your picture in Photoshop... I just changed the light a bit. So I could see the details better. (if you don’t like it I just delete the post)

As for the painting, the colors look a bit thick. The brown cloths looks nice. The white need some more shade I think. I usually have blue/gray for shade on my white.

The black/white bracelet is not finished? It looks unfinished any way.

Some how the white take over the model. It might be because you don’t have that much shade in your white, or its because you have a lots of white close to echoer.

It have a nice table top standard, keep the paint thinner, use more shades and you will improve allot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye well one of the main problems is that i don't have enough paints. I have near only 40 paints, and i could use sooo much more!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo
    aye well one of the main problems is that i don't have enough paints. I have near only 40 paints, and i could use sooo much more!
    don’t be scared to mix your colors. I only use about 15 colors or so. As long as you have the base colors there is no problem to make them darker using black or brighter using white or yellow. (I make red and sometimes green brighter with yellow)

To make a good shade for white you can just lighten up a gray with white. And if you don’t have a gray just mix one from white black and some blue.

Hope I give you some help...

one example the phoenix lord in my avatar only have one Snot Green, Blood Red, Chaos Black, Yellow, Skull White. The rest of the colors is just combinations of those.

+ Reply to Thread