Pre-heresy Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    British Columbia, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

14 (x2)

Pre-heresy Death Guard

Ok guys, I'm planning on putting together a pre-heresy death guard army, which I'm using as an expansion for my 2000 point Death Guard. Also, I don't want them to be all mutated and such. Finally, I'm going to try to use these models as a small loyalist marine army as well, so I'd like to keep the army very basic (Basic marines, chosen, havocs, lord...)

So my question is this: What would you suggest for buying and converting purposes? Very basically, fluff-wise, they're a bodyguard for a radical inquisitor that's infiltrated/joined the forces of chaos (depends on who I'm playing with/against) Any army list ideas?

shark in the water

"Your kid puked on me. I should get extra marks for that."
    -Jess Norgaard

2. Remove Advertisements

New Jersey
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

If your looking for pre-heresy death guard you could just go with basic marines with minor conversions. There was a white dwarf that had some wonderful conversions for pre-heresy, and on GW site there are basically pictures of every legion in preheresy form. studded shoulder pads is a good start. I wouldn't recommend the chaos line, as you really want a basic marine and not a marine with the more evil/daemonis outlines the CSM's have. I would equip them mainly with bolters, doesn't really matter as you have True Grit anyway. Painted in the original scheme of course.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread