Weapons Development Challenge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weapons Development Challenge

Ok, After many chats with fellow LO members, I'd like ot post a challenge. The challenge is to design and construct a model that COULD be used by either an IG trooper or SM and most closely resembles the FN P90 submachinegun.
    www.nary2002.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gun/p90.htm

See above for refference. Please note, that the guidline of "most closly resembling" the model should reflect the unique hand holds, the top fed ammo magazine, and the compact nature of the weapon.

Please also note, that this contest is simply to challenge any willing participants to create a directed build project. To see if it can be done, so to speak.

The guidelines (other than above), are 1) must follow current custom creation rule as allowed by GW for standard play, 2) the model must be made of GW parts and pieces - but may also contain generic plastic parts (eg. plastistruct, green stuff, etc.) - NO model lines outside of GW, 3) A picture (digital or otherwise) must be post to LO by no later than April 5, 2006. 4) LO Member will be encouraged to comment on submissions as a means of appreciation for participation in the challenge as well as encouragement on future contests. 5) Each participant is asked to submit only ONE model for contest consideration. This is not to say that participants may not creat more than one model, only that ONE model will be judged. Please feel free to post as many as LO moderators will allow. Please NOTE on the submission photo which model is to be considered.

I realize that without a prize or reward, many people may not see the need to participate. I can understand that. I propose this contest to inspire creative design for yourself, as well as to serve as inspiration for others. I would hope that a shear challenge will prove to be rewarding in and of itself.

My thanks in advance to all, and I hope others may post their own challenges in the future and that the spirit of free knowlege and experience will grow! Best Wishes!

~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
    ~Fight smarter, not harder!
    "Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

"Page 404 not found". And it takes me to some strange japanese site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

thats cause you've probably clicked on the second link

this one may be better for people

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg13-e.htm

larger picture

http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/guns_...n_tw_p90_r.jpg

a breakdown of the weapon system

http://www.answers.com/topic/fn-p90

as for building this im in i'll make this by the time i move, 28th march 06 but first the UK GT Final this weekend.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

*HERE* is an FN-P90
    and a much better website

Now I'd love to have the skills needed to make 40k versions of modern weapons, because there's just so many sweet looking killing implements, but I don't have the skills

-EDIT- dammit Decado, if I hadn't suffered a short term power outage, I would have posted that first site first.....now you've made me look like a knob
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, sorry about all that trouble with the picture link. MOst Search Engines will find a decent picture of the FN P90 if you search for it. Sorry about the trouble - I never tried linking a picture with LO before. Had to cut and paste the link. Anyway, Decado, you should try it anyway! It took me a while to create the conversions I came up with (see my other posts). I'd be thrilled to see what you can do! I do feel for ya tho man, with moving and all. I'll be doing that soon too! THanks to Camel, and mpdscott as well for the note and the links. Hopefully the challenge will carry on without problem henseforth.
    ~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
    ~Fight smarter, not harder!
    "Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau pulse carbines. cut the markerlight bit off and beef it out slightly. bingo. p90

+ Reply to Thread