Mixing Vallejo and GW paints. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Mixing Vallejo and GW paints.

I've heard from a lot of people that Vallejo produces paint with better pigment and quality than GW does, and I want to give them a shot. But I don't want to scrap all my GW paints in order to get a whole new set of Vallejo. I thought I would gradually phase out my GW paints, when I run out of a colour I buy a new Vallejo of the same colour instead and so on. But how big is the difference? What happens if you mix GW paint with Vallejo paint? I guess nothing really dramatic should occur but it is better to be safe than sorry...

/ Viktor

Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

A step in the right direction .
    As the Vallejo colors are less thick then the GW ones, I would only imagine mixing them would result in that you need to ad less water to the mix.
    As for the differences is quite big. You don't need as many coats with the Vallejo colors and it is easier to control and use. A better result in the end as well :yes: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

You shouldn't have too many problems mixing between the lines. I do it quite a bit especially between the model and game color lines from vallejo. Some require extra thinner, some are a bit runny - it is more of a case by case basis. You should in general be fine.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread