Valhallan Stormtroopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valhallan Stormtroopers

After reading the Ciaphias Cain novel "Caves of Ice", i have been toying with the idea of making a valhallan force, which leads me to my first question, would you find it possible, for a person with minimal green-stuff skills, to convert cadians into valhallans? (as i'd like to avoid carrying a hordearmy of metal figures around, and that my finances at the moment likes 20 plasticfigures for £18 better than 12 metal figues for £35)

and the second question: the book describes a valahallan stormtrooper squad, wearing the same greatcoats as their comrades, how would you make some greatcoat wearing stormtroopers? i guess i'd be able to put some greenstuff on a stormtrooper, but i'm just afraid that it'll make them look way too "fat" (couldn't remember a more fitting word, so i hope you understand what i mean), so if anybody have any ideas, please share

(this is written at a late time, with a pair of very, very dry contactlenses in my eyes, so if i've missed any typos in my spellcheck round, please tell me )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try the Arbite Sergeants. They aren't as bulky as the Kasikins but they might work. They come with a trench coat of sorts.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey,
    iv toyed with the idea of making trenchcoats on my cadians, and i personally found it quite hard to make them without having them look to 'fat', however i do think it is doable, however youd have to trim away the extended part of the shirt that hangs down around the top of the pants. If you look in the Imperial Guard section of this site at Bobahats 'Ultimate Imperial Guard Conversion Guide' he has actually written the basic steps to doing it. I would also recommend using different heads, such as those from the empire militia sprue, or the mordheim mercenaries, or pretty much any bearded heads that have space to model a valhallan hat onto.

Also, i was surfing google the other day looking for IG conversions and such, and stumbled apon this, i believe its actually one of Pliskens guys, who is a member on this forum, and tho its not a valhallan, it does have similar qualities to it, and you could probably use it for inspiration (and possibly nag Plisken for some advice on how he did it )

As far as stormtroopers go, i think you may have a bit more trouble doing them as well, their metal, so you can get into the torso area as easily to alter it, so you may actually consider converting your own stormtroopers using just normal cadians with extra armor greenstuffed on, or even space marine scouts, as their torsos are armoured up more, which could represent the storm troopers armour better. With stormtroopers id probably leave the hats off; as they dont seem 'elite' enough for storm troopers to wear, perhaps just add hoods to their coats..

eh just my thoughts on the matter, hope they give some help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shanos
    Also, i was surfing google the other day looking for IG conversions and such, and stumbled apon this, i believe its actually one of Pliskens guys, who is a member on this forum, and tho its not a valhallan, it does have similar qualities to it, and you could probably use it for inspiration (and possibly nag Plisken for some advice on how he did it )
    I'm more than happy to share... except he's not really very Valhallan.

I'm an absolute beginner with greenstuff, but I found that things that aren't smooth and aren't sharp are really easy, so that's how I came on the idea of the fur trim.

I created this guy for a contest on the Work In Progress boards.

Anyway, greenstuff fur is really easy if you want to try that. I'm still not comfortable enough with my skills with greenstuff to attempt things like greatcoats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great model Plisken, it really gives the cadians a new look. Too bad you need to buy 50 sentinels to get the heads for an entire army :p

me_meza: For the storm troopers you could check out the older models. They look like they wear a little more padding than the kasrkin and might suit a valhallan force better. Giving them greatcoats would be a challenge though... Converting them from cadians using the forgeworld respirator heads and some beefed-up guns would be easier.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Too bad you need to buy 50 sentinels to get the heads for an entire army :p
    Or if you feel like a cheaper alternative, you could get the Tank-crew models. They are rather (compared to the Sentinel idea) cheap classics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, you could also consider the Vostroyans (or however you spell it) as stormtroopers. Or veterans for that matter.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Valhallan stormtroopers seems a bit silly to me.. I mean, they won't actually be Valhallans.. They're raised by the Scholae Progenium.

But for stormtroopers with greatcoats, just use kasrkin and lengthen their cadian style skirts into full coats with greenstuff. It'll take a while but the results will be better than just proxying other models.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 27th, 2014, 14:15
  2. July 15th, 2014, 20:42
  3. Photo
    Refback This thread
    June 28th, 2014, 01:04
  4. Photo
    Refback This thread
    March 6th, 2013, 11:23
  5. September 20th, 2011, 08:16
  6. January 12th, 2011, 12:27