um lets see a...b... oh man why can't i do text on my scrolls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um lets see a...b... oh man why can't i do text on my scrolls

hey i was just wondering how does any one do text on there parchment and scrolls

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

Well, I make a big fancy letter at the top left of were a right in a red tint. Then I scribble a small black line, without really touching the scroll itself and lifting it up a bit now and than (for space) leaving a bit of room both left and right of the scroll. Than I use an appropriate colour to make a laurel of cross, or line on the sides of the parchment.

to remember are:
    1. Little amount of paint, not too watery.
    2. touch lighty.
    3. never redo a little bit, if you must redo the whole thing.
    4. practise a lot before you go on making your texts over a freehand background.

Greetings,
    Wulfbanes
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it with a pen. YOu'll need to go to an art supply place to find the right kind.

The brand is Prisma, and they make pens down to fractions of a millimeter. Grab a small one 0.5 or 0.3 mm and go to it.

My 'text' is just a squiggly line, In some cases I'll fake a snazzy charater at the start of a paragraph (like in medievil texts) by drawing a square about x2 the height of the text lines and do a couple lines withing the box.

+ Reply to Thread