Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This was the first scratchbuilt vehicle I've ever made for my new Ork Kult of Speed Army. I'm very proud of it - it took me three weeks to build with a lot of plasticard, glue, paint, and love.
Sorry for the large image below, but it's the easiest way to show the entirety of the vehicle without a ton of separate pictures.
Some of the smaller details I like to point out -
1) Spattered Tyranid Spore Mine - I went out and bought the Battle for Macragge boxed set for the terrain and ended up with some spore mines that I thought would be a neat embellishment for the front of the battlewagon. I added the grot with a stick and bucket who was sent out to clean it up, although I find it highly likely that a git like him'd be pokin at it hard enough to get it to blow up at any minute. I liked the idea of the spore mines
2) Impaled Ultramarine (?) - Orks consider the color blue to be lucky, and my orks were just thrilled when they found they picked up a hood ornament. They chained him in place and he's now become both a good luck charm for the wagon and an ominous sight for the enemy. He's made from a Macragge marine, which was a real pain because the Macragge marines all come with pin-and-socket joints in static poses. A lot of people comment on this part when they see the wagon on the table.
3) 'Looted' Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas - courtesy of a Whirlwind I bought for cheap off e-bay. They helped bulk out the front and add that extra orky touch.
4) Magnetized Weapon Slots - all of the weaponry (The top Zzap Gun turret and the Bolt-on Big Shootas) are able to stick anywhere to the bed of the vehicle, as it is magnetic. This allows me to swap out weapons and change equipment based on the game - the 'bed' of the battlewagon can fit up to 5 Bolt-on Big Shootas (two on each wooden 'turret' and one facing off the back), and the Zzap gun is able to pivot to face any direction so that it can fire independantly of the wagon's heading. The magnets are strong enough that you can hold the vehicle upside-down safely without any of the weaponry falling off.
5) 'Ded'Ard' License Plate - obligatory.
6) Working lights! This was my first adventure into wiring -anything-, so I was very pleased with how it turned out. There are three lights powered by a 9v battery; two foward-facing headlights and one interior light to show off the driving ork and his steery mekanism. These lights are turned on by holding the push-button switch on the rear right side disguised as a valve.
7) Grots! Extra grot hanging off the left side of the vehicle, and one of dems misbehavin' gits tied to a spear on the top of the left rear.
A WIP page for the battlewagon exists that showcases pictures from initial concept sketches to the final painting stages. It can be viewed at http://www.fusedcreations.com/adam/wagonblog.html - the pictures are arranged in chronological order so that the full construction can be viewed from beginning to end. You can also get a look at some of the finer details of the wagon if you are interested.
Any comments left are much appreciated!
That thing is so amazing I love the dead smurf
Very cool! I'm not much of an ork lover, but I love that they are the race that is most free with conversions! Yours is fantastic! What did you use for the treads? They're not standard rhino parts, right?
~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
~Fight smarter, not harder!
"Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus
Very very cool! One of the main reasons why I love orks so much. Converting ork vehicles is so much fun. You've done an awesome job! Can't wait to see more of your greenskins...
i love it, i tried and i wanet close to as cool as that......lol i too love orks because of all the conversions you can do with them
Truly awsome, I love how you scattered grots all over it, since it adds a nice element to any vehicle. Long live the weedy guys! Very nicely done on the whole, I hope to see more of your works at some point.
Gargrimz Green Deff
W:10 D:4 L:5
WOW, extreamly cool dun.
'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'
definitely the coolest ork vehicle I have ever seen, I love the mashed spore mine with the grot cleaning crew.
Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
Books of the Imperium;
29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
I think i saw your concept work over on The-Waaagh (I am 'Waaagh' over there btw) and i have to say congratulations, that is truly a great job. Have you considered entering it into any painting competitions? It would truly be an attention grabber at almost any warhammer meet. Good Job!
"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen