freedom fighter LATd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

freedom fighter LATd

hi its me again Mav gave me some advice already on this i just need help with finding mpdels for it. I'm leaning towards the catachans but , i'm open for new ideas although I can't buy the necromuda because I simply can't afford it. But I like the auto guns that look a bit like aks and the one vansar autogun that looks like a m4. I want a freedom fighter look to them. but i neeed help. So far the closest I have gotten to my goal is that if you cut the barrel off a catachan lasgun and glue it on upside down it looks a bit like a ak. Please help me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Freedom fighters" is a bit generic, it could be anything really. The one thing that should be mandatory is a mix of equipment: the name implies that they have been invaded and probably don't have access to stocks of standard equipment, uniforms etc, so they have to make do with what they have. You could buy a box of cadians and perhaps a box of fantasy humans (militia, marauders etc) and mix in some pieces to make them look irregular. The necromunda weapon sprues is a relatively cheap way to get some varied weapons too.

You are using the LatD list, are you going to make them chaos?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Eep.. let me guess, mutantless lost and the damned? :o

Well, your choice, but I warn you, they're hilariously easy to beat in my experience.

Catachans would work, the bandanas some of them have look quite revolutionary to me. Maybe a few Cadians as well, to reflect PDF members who have gone rogue (you could paint grafitti or markings on their uniforms to show this.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use marauder and catachan bits to make assault troops representing mutants. Or you could ally in some Kroot mercenaries (Free codex), the Tau could be supporting their struggle to gain support for the Greater Good. Sneaky bastards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No i will have muties in there and as for chaos i still dont know but i have some fluf that would explain SM in there And thanks for the reply i was loosing hope that id ever get a response

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A tip to get more responses is to be as specific as you can. The worst case, and one that I've seen, is simply writing "I want to start space marines, what should I do" (or something similar), it doesn't give people enough to work with.
    You could explain a little more about what kind of freedom fighters you want, their oppressors would be a good place to start. Do they fight against the Imperium or alien masters? Orks are known to use humans as slaves for example, and the Tau have several human colonies in their empire that could have factions still loyal to the Emperor on them. Chaos worshippers will of course rebell against anyone
    Things like that can affect the look of the army quite a lot, since a badly equipped force is likely to loot equipment from those they defeat. If they are chaos they might have mutations and daemons as well.

+ Reply to Thread