22c Eldar - Sagittarius Falcon Ray-Type - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

22c Eldar - Sagittarius Falcon Ray-Type

VERY IMPORTANT: I still havn't found a way to get the chains to set "solid", does anyone have any suggestions? It would be difficult to paint (the paint, after drying, would crack during chain movement), otherwise. Thanks.

There are a few in progress shots at the bottom of the post in case anyone either wants to recreate or see the basics of it. It's not a very complicated conversion, I would only rate the difficulty as about, 20%, once you have the idea it's very easy.

Anyways, I would indulge myself to write a bit of nomenclature history here. The twin of the previous Falcon that's Jupiter (Capricorn), this can be considered Saturn. The ruling planet of Sagittarius is Jupiter, while the ruling planet of Capricorn is Saturn. So, the result of switching these names is their complementary action; it's not related to fluff at all, since Eldar won't have knowledge of the Sol system. Actually, it's to satisfy my own desire for names that makes some sense, instead of some six-syllable Eldar name that is fluffy but just sounds like a bunch of sounds.

So, with that in mind, I can say that while the last Falcon has a "serious" theme that was based around an elegance motif and sniper rifle, this one has a "rave" theme that draws on the fire sign of Sagittarius as a motif that holds onto a straight-forward, aggressive hunting action that's needed for a weapon like this assault-type machine gun. Thus, the weaponry and pose are quite different, I wanted to get a different feeling. The walkthrough also has according directions and suggestions below, the circles that are RED, GREEN, and BLUE direct the viewer's attention, and the instructions underneath says accordingly.

Components
    x1 Warlock Titan Epic
    x1 Nightbringer Lower Half
    x2 Tyrant Guard Body (Type A)
    x1 Serpent Rifle
    x2 Short-Length Chain (Home Depot)
    x4 6mm Ball Bearing
    x10 4mm Ball Bearing

Walkthrough

R: After the basic assembly, it's important to add some weights in the base. Otherwise, depending on the pose, the top-heavy design of this mecha will cause it to tip over easily.
    G: Make sure to "pin" with some copper/brass tubing. Otherwise, the mech will have no central column! Even worse, if you want to just connect it directly, it's very easy for that weight-bearing area to snap.

R: The Eldar "orbs" must be patching the hole here, either with GS or with ball bearing like I did. Doing it before assembly of the upper frame will make it more assessible. Also at this stage, sand down the center area of the shoulders to give greater surface area for the shoulder assembly.

R: The wing from the epic titan needs to be sheered down to follow the curvature of the guard; otherwise, the link won't be durable. Furthermore, there's a little knob on the guard exactly at this position that needs to be cut off. The strong position of superglue will make this hold.
    G: Life will suck if you don't have a dremel or some easy way to cut off the massive head protruding from this area on the stock model. Anyways, sand it clean for easy adhering with the shoulder of the epic titan.
    B: Fill in all these holes with Eldar orb.

R: Magnetize for easier transferability.

R: You can see where the arms should be attached. It's actually hard to attach at the correct angle as you need to get the superglue to hold well, too. 95% chance, you will need to use some green stuff to get the connection to look natural. Try to wedge between the lower curvature of the guard body and the shoulders for double connectinon of super glue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

very nice, you could try to use heat (forgat english name for heat with tin and stuff) or glue.

very cool you gave a detailed desciption I might use some ideas if that's ok with you?
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once again a crazy looking model. personally i would be scared if i saw that thing on the battlefeild (but all the more impressed when my lascannon finished it)

thanks for the walkthrough i got a freind who plays eldar and he may want to 'borrow' some of your ideas:shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Dang Red! You've done it again! Keep pushing the envelope in conversions! Love the piece! Keep up the great work!
    ~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
    ~Fight smarter, not harder!
    "Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

God

Stop calling them tanks man, not even close. Their unique so do something else.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Once again a lovely conversion. The only little improvement I can see is the hands, they should look like they are either holding the gun or are attached to it somehow.
    Other than that it's fantabulous!

EDIT: the chains can be superglued in the joints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Again and again, you have the most interesting conversions i've seen around here... very thematical... I love it.. I seriously cannot wait to see your WHOLE army at once on the field... that is going to be very lovely. Keep up the interesting stuff~

+ Reply to Thread