Veteran Scout Sergeant: Finished!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veteran Scout Sergeant: Finished!!!

Gday all, I have finally finished the scout sergeant I posted here some weeks ago. I hope you like how he has turned out. I re-did the power sword effects, but once more my poor photography skills let me down.
    I am quite happy with him, probably best I have done to date. I still need to add script to the purity seals, and a tiny black dot to help centre his view. Also, he needs chapter markings on his shoulder pad. Heck, I shoudn't have said he is finished, should I :cry: .
    Close enough.

Tricky thing is, I have decided that a power sword is good, but a powerfist is better. Here is the work in progress of his alter-ego, armed with a powerfist. I need to do some greenstuffing, add some cables and stuff, then I can get stuck into painting him.

Tell me what you think of the painted bloke, :yes: all opinions welcomed.*

RoV

*Unless of course I disagree with them, then you will be hunted down and cleansed. :ninja:

...no, I am not talking about a shower...

Beware the Agapanthers!

Codex Astartes: More a guideline than a rule...

Romans 8:38

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Painted bloke is nice appart from his face, too much direct contrast in the skin tones
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Yeah those lower parts of his face is a bit to contrasting from his upper face. But other than that, I like him a lot. I like your green especialy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

his face looks cool imao, he looks like he has his faced smashed in an now ahas a broken nose.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your powerfisted guy could stand to have his arm shortened.. looks a little disproportioned, maybe putting a slight taper on the powerfist might also make it look a wee better..... Your painted unit looks good, might want to blend his face better as earlier mentioned...

-I'm not surrounded, I'm merely in a target rich enviroment..-
    LO paint log
    Recent Stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a very well painted model . i especially like the power sword it looks great. but as said before i think the face could use a little more work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Lord
    his face looks cool imao, he looks like he has his faced smashed in an now has a broken nose.
    Yes, I'm sure that was the look rat of vengeance was looking for.

(Just Kidding).

I like the model alot. The green looks cool, and the Power Sword's effect very nice and neat. It is true the face looks a little contrasting, but nothing major!

Well done and thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like him! I agree with what the other guys told you about the face.
    Things go better with Petter

Check out my gallery: Click here to see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I think the face looks fine. There is a thin line of what looks like white between the chin and the head piece but otherwise I like the rich skin tone.

I am afraid the only part I really don't like is the power sword. It looks more like camo than energy surging through the blade. One thing that might help would be to brighten the green quite a bit to give it more of a "glow" effect.

Otherwise good job. Definitely above table top standard. You might want to also think about hitting it with some dullcote or other flat varnish - it is a tad shiny.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I needed to have a light source closer to the model, I did last time but got lazy this time. Here is a close up of the face from before. I did go heavier on the shading than usually, but if you don't he has a bigger jaw than than Godzilla.

He is a bit shiny in places, but a light coat of purity seal after the squad/chapter makings should see that right.

RoV
    Beware the Agapanthers!

Codex Astartes: More a guideline than a rule...

Romans 8:38

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast