Librarium Online Forums banner

How can i get a good emerald color?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  F4113N 
#1 ·
I want to paint my mariens kind of a matallic emerald color what paints should i use?

#2 ·
Excuse the random question but are you by any chance the kid i met on Live Halo last night?? Off topic question i know but he wanted to paint his marines an emerald colour and i pointed him ni the direction of Lo... My gamertag is the same as my Librarium online name btw.

Edit: Just checked your profile... Hi Mo Town =P

On topic: I personally think goblin green or something with mithril silver mixed... or maybe drybrush silver noto it.

#4 ·
R1p70r said:
Excuse the random question but are you by any chance the kid i met on Live Halo last night?? Off topic question i know but he wanted to paint his marines an emerald colour and i pointed him ni the direction of Lo... My gamertag is the same as my Librarium online name btw.

Edit: Just checked your profile... Hi Mo Town =P

On topic: I personally think goblin green or something with mithril silver mixed... or maybe drybrush silver noto it.

sup R1p70r

Edit:so what should i use for a basecoat?

#5 ·
If you want a good emerald color, get the hell away from GW and their very limited palette. My favorite emerald is FolkArt's 653 Metallic Emerald Green. FolkArt is available at most arts & crafts stores in the US (at least in my experience in MI, FL, NY & TN).

#6 ·
Vallejo has a very awesome range. Over 200+ paint colours and shades to go with tones.

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/

My recomendation is take a dark green for your first layer, ink it with a light green ink, work in white paint to bring the tone up, each time you bring a shade up, water down your ink then procede adding white.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the valejo game range color system is a total knock off of GW paint range names so you'll get an easy grasp as to what colors your choosing. Cheers!

#8 ·
Okay going through the concept for new people like I've done so many times.

Inking is simple...ask for Ink Pots or Ink range colors, its usually a watery substance
that has a varnish mixed in to make it shiney or sink into reccessed colors, you want
to add 50% water. Applying is simple, just dip your brush and paint over desired areas.

Drybrushing is the process of wiping the wet paint off the brush but still keeping the
residue so you can lightly dust and coat your model without ruining any other lower areas
Take your brush to a kleenex and wipe off all the paint and brush it against your hand
or thumb. If you can see your fingerprints in the color of paint its safe to try it on the
model.

Also the color instruction I thought of a brilliant way to get your metalic emerald.

Get chainmail, and only mix a little bit in to your emerald concotion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.