Librarium Online Forums banner

Drop Pod ideas?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  brushman 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I was wondering how you would go about making a drop pod? I didn't want to actually buy one, but rather make it myself as it would be a cheaper alternitive. Any advice would be great.

Cheers!
Ben

#5 ·
It's pretty easy to make something similar to forge world ones with foamboard, thick card and bitz.
Check *here* and *here* for some WIP shots of mine.

Otherwise there are plenty of guides on the net for making them, just search google.

-t.

#6 ·
I see that the weekly " How can I make a drop pod?" thread has been started again. UGH!

Look people, there is a "search" function at the top right for a REASON. Let's not stress out the server just because someone's too lazy to use theat function. There have been literally HUNDREDS of threads exactly like this one within the past year alone.

Sorry to sound grumpy, but this is really getting old.

#7 ·
XenomarinesKiller said:
Hmm, I never thought of using Drop Pods, mainly because they seem so much work for 30 points.

These seem ideal.

Anyone know of any suitable doors/hatches to stick to the side?
The author of that guide recommends the FW ones, but they are £10 for 2 suitable rhino doors. not inkeeping with the budget theme.

#8 ·
I see that the weekly " How can I make a drop pod?" thread has been started again. UGH!

Look people, there is a "search" function at the top right for a REASON. Let's not stress out the server just because someone's too lazy to use theat function. There have been literally HUNDREDS of threads exactly like this one within the past year alone.
Actually, I did search already - LO and the GW US site. I only found two threads, but they weren't of any help. Could you maybe give me a link to a thread about making drop pods? Thanks.

Sorry to sound grumpy, but this is really getting old.
No problem :) I hope I didn't sound to defensive.

Cheers!
Ben

#9 ·
Hmmmm....... I think I have the perfect pvc drop pod planned in my head... thanks for that link!

#10 · (Edited)
IAmAngel said:
I only found two threads, but they weren't of any help. Could you maybe give me a link to a thread about making drop pods?

No problem! Also, again I wasn't really directing my response at you personally. I'm also not suprised that they didn't address it at the GW site. After all , I can't think that a site run by a company selling drop pods is going to like a thread about how to make them for free (or at least without giving said company some money). Anyway, I'm happy to help. Here you go...

Drop Pod Thread #1

Drop Pod Thread #2

Drop Pod Thread #3

Drop Pod Thread #4

Drop Pod Thread #5

Drop Pod Thread #6

Drop Pod Thread #7

Drop Pod Thread #8

There were actually a lot more, but I think that you get the idea.

Personally, I went the PVC pipe route. Very nice and not so big that people would complain. I had made one by the old "banned" template out of foam card, but the templates actually did not fit together all that well. I tried the CD case as well, but the base was so huge I doubt anyone would let me use it. I recommend the PVC pipe ones for ease, speed and functionality. Heck, they even look like bullets fired at the surface!

Hope that helps more than my previous post! :)

Reactions: brushman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.