Painting Chaos Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Chaos Space Marines

Hello everyone, I am about to start painting my Chaos Space Marine army and need some help. I am just going to paint them the easy way they have on the site with the black base, gold accents, red accents, and silver weapons. Now, even though I am going to prime them black I still need to paint the black areas black right? and for painting the gold accents is there any special way to do it? I'm only 14 and have never painted models before so this is my real test.

Thanks, Tyler

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Welcomme to the forums!

If you want them black, prime them and then get a GW chaos black spraycolor. Short and controlled bursts.
    As for painting gold, there is a thread lower on the page for that. I do first chaos black, then shining gold, followed by chestnut ink and then shining gold again. Finally I use burnished gold and a thin line of mithril silver for highlights.

Be sure to post some pics on your models!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes- the games workshop black is a diferent color from the spray paint black so go over the modle with games workshop black after spray painting, what help speed this along is diluting the paint with some water (and imo black ink also) this keeps that paint thiner.

EDIT gahhh...
    i'll give you a pointer for red- dont paint it straight onto the black put a trasitional color down ( i don't know the best) then put down a dark red, followed by a smaller amount of a brighter red.

good luck- post pic!
    Last edited by F4113N; April 8th, 2006 at 16:53.
    waiting for the sunrise!

+ Reply to Thread