Ideas for a crushed enemy please :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas for a crushed enemy please :)

I'm just making plans for an order of spares for my Marine Commander and command squad I'll be building in the next week or so. They all have jump packs so I've been looking at ways of spicing them up.

Specifically with the commander I originally wanted to have him in mid air, poised with some brass rod or similar to give the impression of flying - the problem with this of course is the fact you have a huge spike poking up their bum - not really suitable for humanities finest wariors.

So; *if* I could manage it, how about atatching the model to it's base via the head of a fallen enemy? If I can repose the commander to have one leg extended, landing on an enemy who is laying on the floor / crouched, maybe with his arms up , head being forced back by my triumphant commander.

I can run a pin all the way through the enemy and into the base, going the other way all the way up my commanders legs.

So Question one: Any problems with this? obvious pitfalls?

Question Two: Who shall I crush!? Favourite at the mo is a Tau standard trooper, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers all

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

It's a good idea, I've seen it done to great effect before (notably, a Seraphim with flames connecting her to an Ork Killa Kan).

The best bet would probably be a plastic model, as they're fairly easy to work with. To get the "crushed head" look right with the Tau, I'd suggest cutting the very top of the helmet off, and then use greenstuff to imply cracked ceramic or bent metal under the foot. You'll also be cutting the optic in half, so using some green stuff on top to make it look warped/smashed would be perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is he equiped with melee weapon wise? Ive got an idea for a way to model him. Take a chaos marine model and put him together with a none aggresive pose. Then pin a peice of copper wire through the model for your sm. make him look like he is flying from behind him and the chaos marine doesnt notice. Melt the marine's melee weapon into the chaos marine's helmet to show he was struck so fast he didnt notice and he was instakilled with the maines bolt pistol/plasma pistol at a up postion like hes picking another target with his head looking up and forword with his pistol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be relly cool, but it seems a bit much for an army peice though, as a showpeice it would look great.
    AKA MindSnap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Flying kick your enemy in the head!
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBrate
    Flying kick your enemy in the head!
    Yay! lol

Well this chap has a storm bolter in the right and a lightning claw in the left, he's also got bionic legs, a sculpted mk6 helmet, a chaos wotsit jumppack complete with a pair of spyre hunter wings stuck to it and the shoulder pads of an Emperors champion. Oh and the spiky halo from the Sisters living saint trollop.

Lot's of bits.

The flying kick was the first plan, but I am very open to any other ideas, like the Chaos marine thing people think could work. I am aware I need to be able to game with him, he will sit on a 40mm base, so I do have a bit more room but he can't be that tall or stick out too much otherwise he'll be crap.

Thx again all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always try mounting him on a long flowing cloak or something. I thought about this for my swooping hawks exarch but it was too late by that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat of vengence
    Just how dark are these angles?
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault failed of success because dead men can advance no further"
    -refering to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment at Beaumont-Hamel after they took 90% casualties in the assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you realize the model can be on a larger base than it comes with just not smaller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bestial
    you realize the model can be on a larger base than it comes with just not smaller.
    Yep - that's 40mm rather than 25mm isn't it?

I think it's worth having a larger base for the big minis - even if I'll get more hassle in CC

Need a good model to kill guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol kill one of the new ugly plastic squigs

+ Reply to Thread