Illidan in Warhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Illidan in Warhammer

This guy is not to be used in any game, but it is still a fun idea.

Anyone who is a Blizzard Games fdan, will understand who Illidan Stormrage is. And this is the list needed to make him.

Torso, head, and arms: Wood elf wardancer
    Swords: Two Howling Banshee Exarchs' blades.
    Wings: Chaos furies
    Legs: Tau Fire warrior
    Horns//hair tassel: Chaos Space Marines.

I take it you'd all know where to put what and how...

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay that will just look so cool also just out of curiosity do you do chaos because you could then use him a deamon prince

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great idea! I was thinking of painting either Ogre Kingdoms or Orcs & Goblins as the red Fel-Orcs or "Chaos Orcs" from Warcraft III.

Not to get technical on you, but there are three stages of Illidan's metamorphosis. I don't know if you mixed it up, but I believe Night Elf Illidan with wings has regular pants and legs? He only had demon/goat legs when he turned full demon, right?

Or I could be wrong/the cinematic Illidan looked different.

All I know is in the beginning, he was a regular Night Elf, who could use his ultimate to turn into a shadowy demon. Then, in Frozen Throne, they turned him into a regular Night Elf with wings for the entire duration of the game. Whether or not he had demon legs in FT I don't know, but...it's a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HES RIGHT!
    Theres regular Illidan
    Theres metamorph
    And regular ill with wings and goat legs. He could be used for a daemon prince. but hes blind so i dont know if tatll effect the rules or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the different stages were more due to technical problems. I think, fluff wise anyway, that the ultimate demon-form Illidan from WC3 is the same as default Illidan in WC:FT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say for the model, go by the cinematic sequence at the beginning of TFT.

Goat legs.
    Elven Head with bandana across the eyes. Horns from the Temples curving upwards.
    Leathery wings.
    Those Banna twin blade things. Think of those Kilingon weapon things. A good image of them if you search 'Illidan' into google images'

Beastman legs
    Elven head without helmet, possible dark elf to get more evil features.
    Green stuff to make the bandana, not sure about horns, some from the Chaos range
    Chaos fury wings
    Exarch weapon looks promising. Remove the hands, join the two blades so they are closer to the middle section, then put a small shield on it.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake, then. I believe the Night Elf with blindfolds and double bladed shield weapons (Demon Hunters, IIRC?) are able to see demons/spirits with a kind of alternate vision that they gained through a ritual in which they sacrificed their normal eyesight.

Also a really cool thing to do with the Illidan miniature is to sculpt a sort of energy line from an outstretched palm attached to some wizard getting zapped and paint it green to represent his Mana Drain skill.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Lord Illidan actually has mana burn- a bolt of negative energy which consumes an enemy's mana and combusts it, doing damage to it.

But an Illidan model would be really cool. If you want, you could use Eltharion's head- he has a bandanna- though I'm buggered as to how you'd get it off easily. I also imagined Illidan to be a large guy- mutated, given the equivalent of Daemonic Size. I'd make him bigger than a normal elf. He leaves really tight flaming footprints too, so modeling those would be cool. And don't forget the panda face on the blades!

Oh, and eA-Zaku, you are right about the spirit sight. I think eltharion actually inspired it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use beastmen Horns from the chaos beastmen plastic box. Im a VERY big fan of the warcraft series (I own three vers of the original Orcs vs. Humans game and most of the ports for wc2 and 3 copies of both the TFT and RoC also have 2 WoW accounts with three lvl 60s each.) Ive thought about adding many different warcraft models to my army. I made a Tinker for my friend as a Mekboy in 40k.

To understand Illidan you must understand ALOT of WC backstory and fluff. It isnt possible to understand all of it with just playing all the pc games. The NE founded a kingdom atop of a well which had arcane energies. The leader of the Burning Legion sensed this arcane well and wanted the planet for his own. The NE created a band of Daemon Hunters which led battles against the BL. After a few hundred years the NE won, but at a price. Only few of the NE remained and the High Council of NE banned the use of arcane magic. Some of the NE did not want to stop using arcane magiks so they decided to sail east. A group crashed (this fluff has changed many times so it may not be true anymore. The WoW story team is changing the story alot ever since WoW was released) on an Island in the maelstrom and their leader, a female witch, cast a spell to turn her followers into naga. The rest of the NE reached the eastern kingdom continent and after thousands of years they turned into High elves more recently the blood elves(since the sunwell was corrupted to bring the Necromancer Kel'Thuzad back to life in the form of a Lich the High elves stopped using theyre sunwell and began using other means to power their arcane cities. Blood elves are more or less Mana Vampires.)

Anyways (sorry i was a little off topic) , You should model the Illidan model with trophies of daemon skulls and fresher trophies of Dark elve skulls and heads. Illidan is a leader to blood elves and naga in the Outlands, which is the original home to the Orcs. If you wanted a very blizzard like Illidan model i think they made one for one of the Warcraft Board games. However, you shouldnt make use of this model in a Dark elves army since he is constantly hunted by NE. Instead you should use him in a Lizardmen or High Elves army.
    Last edited by bestial; April 17th, 2006 at 01:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bestial, although I'm not a huge Warcraft fanatic, I'm glad that there are other loremasters present besides myself

But all I know, really, is the background for Kalimdor and the Night Elves, as well as the story of the (five, IIRC) great dragons. The rest is simply knowledge gained from defeating the single player campaign...which is basically the deal about the Burning Legion and the Orcs' ancestry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast