Washes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Washes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Washes

I have been playing Sisters of Battle fo a short time now, and decided to paint them mainly white. Originaly the gray shadows turned out chalky... so I decided to approach it differently.

What I planned to do was spray them white and then 'dip' them in a jar/ glass of water with gray paint in it. It seemed to work, as the shadows were neatly painted gray. But when I came back to check on how they dryed, the were pure white! I was shocked, and tried this process a couple more times with the ssame result. Finaly I discovered that the wash had been sliding off.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to make it stick!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try adding more black to the wash, instead of dipping, brush it on. your model might not be as white anymore but give it a couple of v.light drybrushings of white. Had to paint some Eldar for my younger bro a while ago, found it worked well.
    One is not to question why, but to do and die.

Thou shalt not stick a 'Honk if you think I'm sexy' bumper sticker on a Sister's rhino.

Click this link to read about REAL drop podding U.S Marines!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

One thing you could try is using a varnish of some sort rather then water, something with some adhesion. The "dipping" technique works on the same principle you're describing. Go with a very dark varnish, thin it out with some turpintine or mineral spirits and go from there.

Otherwise, painting it with some minwax floor wax could work..

+ Reply to Thread