Crusade Color Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Crusade Color Scheme

I'm putting together a crusade based around the three chapters created from Dorn's Imperial Fists. Partly I'm just getting a little excited about it and want to share. Partly I wanted to get some feedback from people on how these guys look together. Would you add any colors? Remove any?

The image is rather oversized, so please click on the link to see.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ll/Marines.jpg

Last edited by Bob Dole; April 18th, 2006 at 15:05.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Er, you mean you are making your army that is basically three chapters in one fighting under one banner? Odd but sure why not...

Overall I feel it will not work. The clashes between the three is too much, I would stick with a single chapter. That being said, I like the Crimson Fists or Imperial Fists. Less seen that the Black Templars.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I too like the crimson fists. I painted up a group of 6 of them once.

As for mixing them - were you considering them fighting together each in their respective squads or were you thinking of intermingling them all within all the squads?

I would think that having them each in their own squads following their own rules - fighting together in a specialized game would be pretty interesing. Maybe the specialties of the various chapters were needed for a particular mission? Could be fun.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

I think it's a cool idea! I actually thought about that once too, but my idea was to have a chapter made up of parts of three nearly destroyed chapters (the vets would still wear their old colors, except for a unifying shoulderpad, but I digress).

Anyhow, the point was that if you were to do this, I would suggest giving them all a similar right shoulderpad color, that is NOT part of any of their respective colors (dark green comes to mind, maybe with white checks or something). Anyway, the point would be to have some unifying color scheme to each member of them, in the same place on all minis. This should be able to visually tie them together, given their different color schemes.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I like the common shoulder pad idea, although I'm going to disagree about the green. I'll have to repaint a fair number of shoulders, but that'd be a fairly reasonable compromise between me not wanting to paint another 40+ marines and people who might like to see things looking a bit more uniform.

Two questions though:

1) Is it the right or left shoulder pad that the chapter symbol belongs? (I assume the left because of RJS's suggestion... but I'd rather not botch things up.)

2) How much of a problem will I have painting over Dullcote? I've done small things without a problem in the past, but a shoulderpad is relatively large.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

The left shoulderpad traditionally has the chapter insignia, and the right one has the squad marking (or can have the campaign marking).

As for painting over dullcote, it's not a problem. I do it all the time, for last-minute touch ups and the like, then add another coat.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread