LA Game Day Slayer Awards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

LA Game Day Slayer Awards

Wasn't sure to post this so figured the paint section. The LA Game Day did not disappoint like that last one, some very impressive models.

http://gamesday.us.games-workshop.co...on/winners.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Yes I will have to second this. I was there and saw these fantastic models in person. There was a lot of high quality work there including many that did not even place. Very high standards indeed.

I particularly like the chaos giant coming out of the water with the orc pirate ship as a hat (a nod to Time Bandits I am sure) very very cool.
    Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

I thought the LA models were very well done. The quality was very much there and I thought they would give the european modellors a run for their money. I thought the Slayer winner with his Helbrecht was very slick.
    Generic Minis - My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This models are gorgous and truely deserve to win. Now I'm not so worried about the compition at Baltimore this year. After some time looking at winnings of games day in it's other locations, I'm not so worried any more. I have some awesome convertions and a beautiful paint job, so now i'm excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by C2hIdAgra
    This models are gorgous and truely deserve to win. Now I'm not so worried about the compition at Baltimore this year. After some time looking at winnings of games day in it's other locations, I'm not so worried any more. I have some awesome convertions and a beautiful paint job, so now i'm excited.
    If this is your first visit to the demons might I suggest that you don't go there expecting to win. Otherwise you are likely to be let down. I can tell you right now - seeing a model online and seeing it in person are 2 very different things. Usually when you see the model in person you are simply floored by the details. A lot of the time (especially on the GW website) those very same models that will floor you in person will look pretty bad.

That said - hopefully you will enjoy the Games Day and who knows maybe even take home a trophy.

Feel free to post your work here as well.

cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win or not.

I have been painting professionally for quite some time so I'm not to all worried. These models are truely beautiful but all in some form or another lack something. Even just a repeat of minor detail. If I don't win anything? Whatever. I had a reason to go party and have fun in a different city. Painting is not just a hobby or is it a art form to me. It is a science to replicate 'life'. In a sick twisted way, I want to be beaten just so I can be up close and personal with another person whose skills are better than mine. So I can look at their piece and use the understanding of art I have to use the skills they beat me with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by C2hIdAgra
    I have been painting professionally for quite some time so I'm not to all worried.
    So am I but I have yet to see a demon in my hands. I don't see how being a professional painter has anything to do with winning a demon. There are tons of fantastic painters out there. My point was to not go with the expectation of winning. As long as you go there just to have fun wether win or lose you will have a much more interesting and good experience.

If you are wanting advise on what could be missing on your entries and/or any other models you will find plenty of help on these forums. Just post some pics and ask for advise/help and you will definitely receive it in huge helpings...

Cheers,

-Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha. I don't want you to think I'm big headed or anything. And quoting the one statement that makes me look that way is no fun. *laughs* I'm the kind of person who isn't supposed to be taken so literal when I speak by the way. When I say I'm not to worried about it. I'm more worried if i'm going to look like a fool puting my piece next to someone else. To be completely frank, I don't think I deserve the award because I wouldn't cherish it as much as a lot of other people would. It would just be another random good luck kind of day to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Its all good. Just remember that people that don't know you will take what you say in a forum the way it reads. Since we don't know you - you might want to choose your working a bit more carefully!

Cheers,

-Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

hmmm...IMO i think the helbracht (sp?), grimaldus and his retinue werent that great as a WH40k best squad. Maybe its just the close ups. However, the lustwings were awesome, great contrasting colours and eerie faces painted on the armour, now that shouldve won IMO.

Another grey knights dreadnaught winning gold for vehicle? .....but the pose for him IS a bit static IMO.
    (great NNM though)

*laughs* the chaos sorcerer painted with liche purple + white (and maybe black) won silver??!! AWESOME...lol

as for 'BEST WARHAMMER REGIMENT / LARGE MODEL' WOW!!! just WOW!!!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast