Bretonnian Color Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bretonnian Color Scheme

Well, I'm not saying that I have purchased or even plan to purchase any Bretonnian boxes or to construct an army (though I certainly wouldn't mind, if I were able to afford it) but perhaps I will pick up a few miniatures, anyways, just to be able to paint a tidbit from each army available.

Well, the color scheme I would like would be a simpler black and silver, my inspiration mainly coming from the guards of Minas Tirith, though admittedly I am more familiar with the books than the movies, so my vision of the theme is quite different. Another influence is the Ragnarok Online knight class, with a dyed black cloak/uniform with silver armor.

The thing is, I don't particularly fancy the colorful and varied colors that many people paint their Bretonnians. So I thought how about some simple black where any cloth may be, and silver for the armor. Any trim, insignias, crests or other heraldry can be painted in silver or white.

Could anyone with a better imagination, mind's eye, or Bretonnian painting experience tell me if this would be a workable, unique, or dare I say, excellent color scheme?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welll i did some bretonians based on the colour schemme from the knights in kingdom of Fire( or something like that)

zuz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the movie Hero if you want some cool colour scemes mainly featuring black. It gives them a slightly Oriental feel, but looks really good if done well.

ZuZ
    ZuZ:
    2,500 points Empire
    1,300 points Dwarves
    500 points Cygnar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have watched Hero. It was really psychadelic and I was more caught up in the constant plot twists than the enemy design. But I do recall vaguely what they looked like, and they look like a lot of the more modern, generic enemy soldier types in Chinese movies.

Mainly just...black, black and more black. I was thinking more of an emphasis on the silver, as both colors should be prominently displayed. However, I don't think this is possible with the way the miniatures are currently designed. Would save paint, though.

Lastly...I don't know what Kingdom of Fire is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sry it's kingdom of heaven (my bad) anyways the colour is red and a sort of bone/ brown colour and looks pretty neat
    also i couldn't stand watching hero because the plot is so confusing

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hero
    sry it's kingdom of heaven (my bad) anyways the colour is red and a sort of bone/ brown colour and looks pretty neat
    also i couldn't stand watching hero because the plot is so confusing

I think you mean those from the Crusades. There were many people involved in this and if you meant the christian side then I can remember a number of knightly orders being present;

English - Red and White, St George's cross
    Hospilitas(sp?) - Black and white white cross
    Jurusalem Guard - Blue and gold with a cross

Hmm, I think a google image search would work for this.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest going with black and white. keep the silver for the metallic bits and use gold to break up the silver. I have a few knights in black & white. They're great for the stark, unforgiving look, but I did have some problems with making small details stand out because of the limited palettes, but for the army as a whole, black and white really makes it pop on the battlefield.
    It's only a lance of Grail Knights... won't hurt at all!

+ Reply to Thread