Busy busy busy (3 conversions) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Busy busy busy (3 conversions)

I've been busy converting away over the last few of days or so.
    These 3 conversions are pretty simple, but lots of fun to do, and see if they match what I imagined for them before I started
    First up is a nice simple little Space Wolf Scout, the easiest conversion of the lot.

Nothing especially difficult, different head, add a couple of things, and voila, Space Wolf Scout

Next is a little more detailed a conversion, he's a Dwarf Thane (Ranger) or Quarreller Ranger Champion (depending on what you need)

There's a little more to this guy, he's gotten some shoulder plates/guards courtesy of some kroot, and his Great Weapon was built from a Bretonnian Polearm, and the dwarven drummer's stick.

Lastly, and my favourite of the lot, an Adeptus Arbites Sergeant, complete with shotgun, sheild, and shock maul.

This guy has the legs (and body) of an IG Heavy weapon's crew member, the head from an IG tank accessories sprue, SM Scout Shotgun, shield from another game altogether, and a few other bits and pieces (the arms are standard cadian). I reckon he looks great, ready to Protect and Punish (isn't that supposed to be "Serve"? )

Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

THey look great, I must say Go with the Flow!
    Sometimes creativity just catches you and then there is no use in holding it back.

They are all good conversions, though I might think the Dwarf looks a bit busy, it could all come down to his size though...and the fact I know nothing about WHFB:rolleyes: .
    The Wolf Scout looks really good, much better head then what's in the box. (Stay in the box I say -you ugly, ugly head!!!)
    The Arbeitus is beautiful, I'm glad the Shotgun looks so good on a normal guard, now I know what to do with my ones. I have used some old Necromunda shotguns earlier but they never done the trick for me...
    Lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

The IG head with sunglasses was a very nice touch. I'd hate to meet that guy myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Really nice work with the Arbite, nice use of a kroot gun as a maul, the whole model just works together brilliantly.
    The scout is, as you say, simple, but no less effective. He looks really brutal and weathered, just as I imagine wolf scouts.
    The dwarf is my least favorite, but still good. I agree with Andusciassus, he's a bit busy, but that is probably because he's so short...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Wow, I'm diggin the Aribites dude. The Shock maul is nice, but I would say it'd look better with the aimer ridge cut off, and maybe the tip flanttened out instead of angled.

Where is his pack and the winged fist from? Also, by another game, do you mean necromunda? Cause they got a few sheilds from their aribites range.

Again, nice work.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

I really like the IG Adeptus Arbites Sergeant with the shield. That model kind of reminds me of a SWAT team member weilding a large 60 pound shield.

Nice work!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I like the Arbite alot very cool and life-like.
    He looks like he's about to educate some rioters in how they should conduct themselves properly in public.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

To be completely honest about the Arbites guy, I bought the SM Scout and IG HW boxes purely so I could build this guy, I'm looking at building a 3man fire team of them, if I can find all the bits I need.
    Answering the questions - the pack on his back is from the SM Scout box; the winged fist was made from a couple of bits, the wings are from a banner pole, and the fist is actually trimmed off from the combat shield from a SM Assault box, and the dangly bits are from Bret helmets; the shield is from a Void - Junker Legionaire. I had been considering removing the aim-ridge from the maul, or finding something else a bit more "clubbish"
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of the conversions are amazing
    i especially like the ranger and the sarge
    the ranger's crossbow looks almost as good as his axe?
    and the sarge just looks down right sweet

+ Reply to Thread