Converted Hive Tyrant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Converted Hive Tyrant

Having never been completely happy with the new metal Hive Tyrant (it looks like a chicken dumpling to me), when it came time for me to build a new winged Hive Tyrant, I decided to forgo the heavy and difficult to work with metal in favor of heavily modifying the new Carnifex novel.

As of right now, the Hive Tyrant is unnamed... and then I remembered, "Hey, I could take suggestions from the guys on Librarium Online!" so tell me what you think, and don't hesitate to suggest a name for this big gribbly!

Front View:
    Here you can see the Hive Tyrant in his entirety, standing on the poor Fire-caste T'au commander Shas'O No'es.

Right Side:
    A shot from the right side, the only angle on which the partially-crushed head of Shas'O No'es Crisis Suit is easily visible.

Left Side
    My Tyrant's "good side", he's very photogenic, don't you think?

Back
    From this angle, you can see the adrenal gland and exposed spine which implies the Tyrant's lack of Extended Carapace.

Shas'O No'Es
    A good shot of the base, showing the Crisis Suit with it's crushed left leg and a pair of rippers which help to counterbalance the model.

Close-up
    And here's a close up of the Tyrant's head. You'll notice he's completely blind, but instead relies on a psychic "mindsense", and the infra-red detection provided by his antennae.

So... what do you think? And don't forget to suggest a name.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks gorgeus. I wish I could do that.
    I cannot suggest a name because I cannot think of anything though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:w00t:

That is one cool model. Great conversion with the carnifex sprues. The major reason I want to start nids is because of their conversion possibilities. My only problem with it is how the tyrant is on the battlesuit. It seems a bit unnatural to me. Also doesn't it tip over? It seems as though it has the wieght on one side.

That is also the most extensive use of green stuff I have seen.
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by grand master
    My only problem with it is how the tyrant is on the battlesuit. It seems a bit unnatural to me. Also doesn't it tip over?
    It's not unnatural if the Hive Tyrant stepped on it's head and stopped flapping it's wings for a second (and is in the process of launching itself back into the air). That'd stress even superior Tau jetpacks to the limit.

It's also very stable, even though all the weight -is- to the side, the Carnifex model is very light (yay for plastic!), and it's pinned. I will be adding weight (in the form of a magnet) to the lighter side of the base... just in case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    It's not unnatural if the Hive Tyrant stepped on it's head and stopped flapping it's wings for a second (and is in the process of launching itself back into the air). That'd stress even superior Tau jetpacks to the limit.

It's also very stable, even though all the weight -is- to the side, the Carnifex model is very light (yay for plastic!), and it's pinned. I will be adding weight (in the form of a magnet) to the lighter side of the base... just in case.
    Oh I see it know, just with the first glance it didn't look right.

I still thought it would be heavy will all that plasitc and green stuff, maybe I was wrong. The weight on the base is a good idea because even though it may not tip over standing there, if somebody bumps the table will probably go over.

What did you make the wings out of? Plastic? From what?
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by grand master
    What did you make the wings out of? Plastic? From what?
    Clear plasticard, cut into a semi-diamond shape (to get the general shape) and then sanded down with coarse, then fine, sandpaper until they were appropriately curved. I bought a 2 foot sheet of it, so I've got enough to make about a thousand Gargoyles, or 19 more just like my Tyrant here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate those horrid insect wings. They are popping up everywhere around here like a friggin plague! OTherwise real nice, but did you waste all that money for a crisis suit?
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos0xomega
    I hate those horrid insect wings.
    I happen to strongly dislike the ginormous bat wings everyone else seems to slap on their flying Tyranids. I think they make the Tyranids look too much like Chaos Daemons and not enough like a hive of ravenous locusts. To each his own, eh? They'll look better once they're painted up.

And no, I didn't waste the money on the Crisis Suit. One of my friends used to play Tau, and let me have two for cheap (one so I could paint up a crisis suit, the other specifically for the base of this Hive Tyrant, since the GW clear plastic thingies weren't tall (or strong) enough to support it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I can't come up with a name, Im just not that imaginitive. It should be what Imperial forces would call it, since the hive mind doesn't create names.

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    so I've got enough to make about a thousand Gargoyles, or 19 more just like my Tyrant here.
    :blink: Can anyone say I need a couple hundred guard and a baneblade?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, that´s really huge, is not? Well i hope you pain it soon
    Don´t try to hide, i can smell your corruption...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast