Marines with LED eyes! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines with LED eyes!

Hey! first post and I wanted to show off my marine commanders, one featuring lit LED eyes. If you guys want I'll make up a tutorial as its quite easy to do after a few tries, and my entire army will one day have lit eyes. All wiring is completely hidden (sadly not on this commander as it is my first model with it) and looks great on the battlefield. I used a hollowed head that actually comes from a project for a commander that had the option of removing the helmet, and then I saw a firewarrior with lit eyes and said i had to do it.

Heres s pic of two of my commanders, I own no models that are not modified in some way.
    [img] http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comm15hb.png [/img]

More commanders!
    [img] http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comm25fc.png [/img]

And finally a pic with the eyes lit up, sorry for low res but I'm bad with cameras, ill post more soon
    [img] http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lit16ka.png [/img]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

sweet, i have always wanted to try this, because i saw it once before in some chaos posessed. i even bought some led's. what did you use for the abttery, and where did you mount it?

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey techno! XenomarinesKiller i just want to say i know him he wont give hs secret to anybody or anyone sorry i have tried.but glad to see you here techno hope to see you soon!
    It doesn't think, it doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All it does, from dusk 'till dawn,
    Is make the soldiers die.

Commander Cyrus's Black Legion. W1/D0/L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i'm ready to i will post a tutorial, you can find basic instructions on relictors.com but i will not be posting specific parts of instructions until im willing to give it out. As for now i just want to show it off .:.:.:.

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweeet! I so want to know how to do this so I can create a whupass character for my marines!
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i have started this, and have found that assault marines are easy to do this with. the one with a straight leg is the best. the only problem is that my bit heats up and melts the plastic, creating gouges. green stuff will patch this easy.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice

hey the marines are killer. i carn't wait till you post on how to do it. very nice what made you decide on the L.E.D's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use a battery operated drill, theyre much slower but theyre cool and still easily go through the plastic. ill make you guys a kickass tutorial when i get my next marine box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not possitive, but I think you could get all the stuff to do this off a watch making site, or more proably from a catolgue (sp?)

For batteries they have some pretty small watch batteries, about as big as a bolter or smaller in some cases and very thin. Maybe stash it behind the back-pack? An easy fix for a small fuse would be to have a break between the connection
    -B+
    \ | ((The -b+ is the battery, the LED the, well, LED, and the \ the broken connection))
    LED
    and keep a little sheet of metal handy to slid in and make the connection, so you could have them lit up sometimes, but not all the time and keep from melting little plastic heads and perserve your battery life.

Of course there is a distict possiablity that I am completely off.

Edit:

So I got thinking about LED's, and how cool they would be to have in like tanks and stuff. Kinda, and here are some useful sites I found:

http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/H...goyleEyes.html ((talks about flashing LED's, and blinking ones at a point, how cool is that?!))

http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/H...ngLEDEyes.html

http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/L...ingDiodes.html

none of those are about WARHAMMER, but they all pertain to LED's and mostly making them into eyes, so if your doing it with your little buggers, it might be helpful!
    Last edited by immortalayla; April 28th, 2006 at 03:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To run the LEDs you just have to run the wires that come on them to each side of the batter... usually a small watch battery. Ive seen this on Thousand sons, and it was really cool. You just have to drill out the head and the eyes as well as a hole int he back where the back pack will go on. Then you just shove the battery in there with the LED and shazaam. Lighting up eyes.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast