Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
i was wondering if you could make a big tower merines can use. is it leagal? is it a good idea?
Please be more specific... I don't have the slightest idea what you mean...
You can make any type of scenery you like... What do you mean by 'that Marines can use'?
I mean how far up can a merine go? what can i make the guard tower out of?
Still not QUITE sure what you mean but you can make the tower as tall as you like and your Space Marines can go as far up as they like.. Of course you can make it into a guard tower.. why not?
Ok, thanks i just needed to know if i cuold make one. But what would i make it out of? What would it look like?
Your best bet is to make it look like some sort of modern bunker or firebase. It could appear as a girder-metal construction or as concrete. A lot of the old Necromunda scenery is pre-made and are very good examples. If you can get an old set off eBay they are worth the scenery.
You can make it out of anything you want. Cardboard, Foamcore, styrofoam, plsticard, etc. Black Gobbo has a good step by step for making a com station, the same techniques could be used to make towers:
Anything else is just limited by your imagination.
Make it out of anything....
Personally I would go for plywood or MDF as this will take a lot of punishment....
(A tall tower is prone to falling over right?)
Make the general feature of the tower out of that and just cover it with plaster, sand that down and just paint it in a fitting sheme.
For the look of the tower I would say have a look at the forgeworld site, it will give a general impression of the "Imperial style" of armoured hardpoints.
Also have a look at old WW2 bunkers, they give a good idea of armoured constructions.
check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO
I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!
i saw a friend make a tower out of a bleach carton, he took wall filler (polyfilla) and he placed it all around the bleach container, it looked kinda cool, he's still working on it, ill ask him if you'd like
i make my scenery with dual functions, (add something on and it changes) such as the ork tower i made, i used pencil, carboard, bitz,
1. prep your 4 pencils by taking off the eraser, and making the tip flat. (or if its brand new skip the last part.
2. cut the cardboard as big as you would like, but keep in mind this is going to be the base of the scenery. (if you want to be more expensive go with MDF its stronger and will last longer)
3. cut another peice of cardboard any shape you want, preferably square or rectangle because these are simple and easy to handle. this will be were you place your models, the top of the tower.
4. glue the 4 pencils to the cardboard base, but make sure you can fit your tower top onto them.
5. glue the tower top to the pencils and voila! you have your simple tower!
6. you can use bits or cardboard, to add to the top of the tower.